WOULD YOU ASK THE GOVERNMENT FOR PERMISSION TO DIG ON YOUR OWN CLAIM
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: WOULD YOU ASK THE GOVERNMENT FOR PERMISSION TO DIG ON YOUR OWN CLAIM

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    Where The Four Winds Blow
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging

WOULD YOU ASK THE GOVERNMENT FOR PERMISSION TO DIG ON YOUR OWN CLAIM

Perhaps this has been hashed out before but here's the question : Would you ask permission from the government to dig with heavy equipment on a mining claim you legally own & pay fees & taxes on? I say hell no. As long as you are not doing something illegal like destroying creeks or ruining the environment why would you ask them for permission? If I had a claim I would do what I wanted on it & if anyone told me different I'd show them off the claim in no uncertain way. I'd tell them to mind their own business & leave me alone. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time with a spade shovel if I had the resources to run equipment unless I was just in it for a hobby which is fine. No disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun as a hobby but screw that as far as I'm concerned. I'd want to rip it up & have some real fun. Why would I crawl to the government begging them for permission to mine my claim? This is America. It could take a month or more to dig down to bedrock depending on your ground & you'd kill yourself doing it. I would get an excavator & be down there in 10 minutes. That's what will get you the gold.
    Last edited by Silveraith; Dec 14, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31097 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveraith View Post
    Perhaps this has been hashed out before but here's the question : Would you ask permission from the government to dig with heavy equipment on a mining claim you legally own & pay fees & taxes on? I say hell no. As long as you are not doing something illegal like destroying creeks or ruining the environment why would you ask them for permission? If I had a claim I would do what I wanted on it & if anyone told me different I'd show them off the claim in no uncertain way. I'd tell them to mind their own business & leave me alone. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time with a spade shovel if I had the resources to run equipment unless I was just in it for a hobby which is fine. No disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun with little hobby toys but screw that as far as I'm concerned. I'd want to rip it up & have some real fun.
    You still have to follow state laws or end up in court.

Also there is no need to insult members with your "No disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun with little hobby toys" comment.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Dec 14, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
    KevinInColorado and trdking like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    No problem. I changed that comment to "no disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun as a hobby". Hopefully that won't offend anyone. As the post stated, as long as you're not doing anything illegal you should just go ahead & dig.

Mar 2016
    3575 times
    No problem. I changed that comment to "no disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun as a hobby". Hopefully that won't offend anyone. As the post stated, as long as you're not doing anything illegal you should just go ahead & dig.
    Come back when your speaking from experience. That might help all of us out.
    BTW, per your comment on the other thread...that gold in my avatar pic was found within 2' of bedrock and by shoveling into a 1 yard per hour trommel.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Dec 14, 2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Toecutter likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    LOL
    Last edited by Silveraith; Dec 16, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    If that gold was buried 30 ft below ground you wouldn't have gotten it with a spade shovel.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    In my opinion, this country needs some real men to stand up for their rights. America was not built by momma's boys asking for permission to do legal things. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Silveraith; Dec 14, 2019 at 07:56 PM.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    2018 times
    If you think you are big and bad enough to take on the guberment, knock your self out.
    I agree with what you are saying but, it's an unwinnable battle.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    128 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    I just don't think you need to ask government agencies to do things you have a legal right to do. Once you ask them your screwed. They will just make up their own rules anyway.
    Last edited by Silveraith; Dec 14, 2019 at 07:52 PM.

Mar 2016
    3575 times
    Speak from experience? I am simply asking a question as to what would you do? Are you asking me to leave the forum?
    Nope - I'm saying ignore the government regulations and start your mining operation then get back to us on how it turned out. I know of at least one guy around my area that did that. He didn't get far and ended up losing his a$$ in legal fees. There is right and wrong...then there is reality.

I know another guy who decided to use a monitor to wash the hillside down at night (tail water running into a settling pond.)
    Worked good for a few nights...till one night the EPA, State Water Quality, State & Fed Fish and Game folks all showed up at 1:00 A.M. in the morning.

30 feet of overburden is insane! Have you ever successfully done that (at a profit)?
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Dec 14, 2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Rail Dawg and Hard Prospector like this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    1024 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Reclamation -- example putting the land back to the state it was in before you rip it up & have some real fun.
    Cheers Mike
    Silveraith likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6299 times
    Prospecting
    Perhaps this has been hashed out before but here's the question : Would you ask permission from the government to dig with heavy equipment on a mining claim you legally own & pay fees & taxes on? I say hell no. As long as you are not doing something illegal like destroying creeks or ruining the environment why would you ask them for permission? If I had a claim I would do what I wanted on it & if anyone told me different I'd show them off the claim in no uncertain way. I'd tell them to mind their own business & leave me alone. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time with a spade shovel if I had the resources to run equipment unless I was just in it for a hobby which is fine. No disrespect to those that just want to have a little fun as a hobby but screw that as far as I'm concerned. I'd want to rip it up & have some real fun. Why would I crawl to the government begging them for permission to mine my claim? This is America. It could take a month or more to dig down to bedrock depending on your ground & you'd kill yourself doing it. I would get an excavator & be down there in 10 minutes. That's what will get you the gold.

Part of being granted a claim is your agreeing to follow the rules. Not
    following the rules can lead to you losing your claim, not to mention
    the rather hefty fines you'll receive.

If people acted as you suggest, above, their (your) actions will have a
    negative effect on all miners.

Respectfully, having a "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" attitude,
    will gain you nothing in the gold mining community.

JMHO....
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Dec 15, 2019 at 02:28 AM.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    198 times
    I sympathize with what you're saying OP, but you really, REALLY do not want to screw with the government. The America you think it was doesn't exist anymore. Trigger happy cops kill people every week for far less, and the government just hates miners. Cover your ass and do everything legally, if you don't want to then be prepared to deal with the consequences when you get caught.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6299 times
    Prospecting
    In my opinion, this country needs some real men to stand up for their rights. America was not built by momma's boys asking for permission to do legal things. Just sayin'.
    I am a huge proponent of both Freedom and Liberty, but neither can exist
    without laws to protect the rights of all.

Yeah, I'll follow the laws, and whether you do, or not, is entirely up
    to you.

Anybody else remember the theme song to old tv show "Baretta"?
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Mar 2016
    3575 times
    "Not following the rules can lead to you losing your claim.."

Are you sure this is true?
    I've not heard that before.
    Goldwasher likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links