LOOKING AT AN AREA TO TEST & FILE A MINING CLAIM ON

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
I've caught the fever & am going to stake a claim up in the mountains near a creek. It's on Forest Service ground. So before I stake my claim I am going to do some testing. There is good water supply & signs of old diggings. My plan is to take an excavator up there & dig out some gravel near the creek as well as beside the old diggings. I will buy a highbanker & shovel gravels through it to check for gold values. If it looks good, I will stake my claim & bring in a wash plant. My plan is to get a big diesel water pump to pump from the creek to a 50 yd/hr washplant. I will dig a big hole for the tailings to run into so I won't have to deal with them. Gold Claimer Brand has a nice trommel I would buy. I'd probably just rent a big excavator. There is an old road going into the area & I am going to have to improve it before I can get a trommel up there. Should be a fun project. Once I get going I plan to build a log cabin on the claim also. My buddy who has done a little mining before is going to help me get started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulo

Oct 13, 2019
West Toast
Detector(s) used
HF-9, X-Ray Vision (1st gen), LDDS-1x (lawn dart dowsing system)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have two theories regarding your topic...

1. You have spent an unhealthy amount of time watching GRE youtube vidz.

2. The weather is crap so you're stuck indoors and figured you'd see how many people you could rile up with a heavily facetious post.

I'm going with #2 but in case you are serious, I know of a perfect little section right in the middle of the Condor Sanctuary in the hills behind my town. Its got a lot of mineral potential and plenty of Wild n' Scenic rivers and streams for your water requirements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread