Chunk

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Friday. Was a tip off piece. Wish I could show what came out of the ground yesterday. But I didn't dig them so, I cant share them.

From lower down the same hillside. Haven't even started making the way back up to the outcropping yet.

Glad it was my partner and not a highgrader. At least i get to see and hold it. We are barely scratching the surface:headbang:

lump.jpg lump2.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to sample and pan the dirt leading up to the outcropping.Could be lots of fine color and small rough pieces.

No worries Dave. Between a Minelab GPZ ,SDC 2300 and Gold Bug2 ... With a couple dashes of excavator, rakes and brush cutting.

The ground will be nice and clean. Placering is an issue do to lack of water.. It is smaller gold that led me to this piece.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to sample and pan the dirt leading up to the outcropping.Could be lots of fine color and small rough pieces.

Thanks for the input Dave. You are an expert vein chaser. I do appreciate it.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
The thing is,a detector won't pick up fine gold..and there maybe lot's of it.One reason to scrub all your quartz rocks after sampling.Thanks for the compliment Goldwasher,but I never was an expert..just a half assed quartz vein sampler.Haven't done any of that in years as my body fell apart.Funny when I posted about fine gold around and below a vein where gold species were found with a detector on some Aussie forums that no one has thought of that.In hard rock,the money is made in the fines...not the high grade.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is,a detector won't pick up fine gold..and there maybe lot's of it.One reason to scrub all your quartz rocks after sampling.Thanks for the compliment Goldwasher,but I never was an expert..just a half assed quartz vein sampler.Haven't done any of that in years as my body fell apart.Funny when I posted about fine gold around and below a vein where gold species were found with a detector on some Aussie forums that no one has thought of that.In hard rock,the money is made in the fines...not the high grade.

I do take samples of all dirt where I detect gold. Problem in this are is water is scarce and a ways off. I end up raking until I'm to bedrock. when its worth it.

I did get a drywasher for hitting spots like these. But, There is a very short period where the material is dry enough to run.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that is truly a thing of beauty.....:occasion14:

Pics were overexposed, so did my best to make it look right.

lump2-2.jpg

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to see some of the other stuff, you guys are gonna find lots more for sure to when you really move stuff around... Congrats that is a beautiful find!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to see some of the other stuff, you guys are gonna find lots more for sure to when you really move stuff around... Congrats that is a beautiful find!

Thanks man.

We really need to get you out there with the drone.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher I’m proud of you man!

You’re a staple on this forum and you deserve the shiny!!!

Chuck

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold washer have you looked at the roto pan? seems like a good idea to me in that with 5 or 20 callons of water one could process a good deal of dirt and not fight dust or damp material in a dry washer

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold washer have you looked at the roto pan? seems like a good idea to me in that with 5 or 20 callons of water one could process a good deal of dirt and not fight dust or damp material in a dry washer

Have access to one. Not worth the time. I wouldn't even use one in ideal conditions. Whatever those are :dontknow:

If anything drywashing could be useful. Problem is the dry material window is very small.

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang nice chunk ! **** like this just makes me wanna get out there , i havent been out much need to change that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread