Tips for sluice build - Page 6
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Tips for sluice build

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3114 times
    Prospecting
    Looks good but going to be a bit unwieldy to clean out due to the routed riffles.
    Clay Diggins and GodsEarth like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2185 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsEarth View Post
    I’ll be throwing on a coat of epoxy so it stays light and doesn’t get water logged. It’s made out of all 1x boards so it’s no too heavy!
    There is an epoxy you can get from a marine supply called "Git Rot". It is a very thin penetrating epoxy used to reinforce wood that has some rot it.... Or to just reinforce and water proof the wood.
    Used it on commercial fishing boats I had worked on many years ago.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/boatl...04_120_001_009
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Dec 2019
    Ontario, OH
    Bounty Hunter TK4
    27 times
    Prospecting
    Well I finally have some free time tomorrow to do some prospecting now that the rivers water level has dropped quite a bit. I went down and took some pictures because I wanted to see if I can get some advice on where to be digging since I’ve had no real luck so far. Here are 3 pictures of the area I’m working with.

PICTURE 1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C692CB56-6C53-4A27-9A91-50BF00B63347.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	5.04 MB 
ID:	1790121

PICTURE 2

Name:	9B013498-DBEC-4C68-94E9-A856BD59A171.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	1790122

PICTURE 3

Name:	89B12A7D-3AA2-4AE9-A95E-8F2EE705CCEB.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1790123

Picture 1 is upstream which flows down through pictures 2 and 3.

Thanks,

Adam

us
    Dec 2019
    Ontario, OH
    Bounty Hunter TK4
    27 times
    Prospecting
    My thoughts so far were in three spots. The first spot and second spot are in picture one where the river is narrow and widens on both sides, digging on both sides right after it widens up. Then the third spot was maybe where that gravel accumulated where I was standing on at the beginning of it.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8802 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Where to dig is one thing. the other is where you can set up the sluice to have the right drop and water flow rate. Those 2 things arent always in the same spot
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Dec 2019
    Ontario, OH
    Bounty Hunter TK4
    27 times
    Prospecting
    I have a spot near the outside bend bank in picture 3 where I set it up last time and had great water flow. I’ll be digging and classifying into buckets and carrying them over to run the sluice.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2313 times
    Prospecting
    Start by testing the low pressure areas.
    Imagine the water is much deeper and faster.
    GodsEarth likes this.

us
    Dec 2019
    Ontario, OH
    Bounty Hunter TK4
    27 times
    Prospecting
    Ok every time I take a picture of what I find it never shows my findings so I took a short video. This is of one scoop (2” diameter) of my pay dirt, so there isn’t much gold if this is gold. I wanted to ask you all if this is gold. I did a lot of tapping and this little area around the ring of the pan looks like gold and never moved. Maybe I found a little gold? I have to go through the 5 gallon bucket of pay dirt yet. This was just a very small scoop.

Goodyguy likes this.

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    I see stuff floating in your water. Put a drop of jet dry in your panning tub.
    If you bought pay dirt, you should end up with some obvious gold.

Pan the rest of your bucket and then let us know what you find.
    Save everything so you can do it again for practice.
    GodsEarth and Goodyguy like this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Aug 2017
    Southern Oregon
    Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
    194 times
    Relic & Nugget hunting, but I do it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Prospector View Post
    I have a dandy sluice box made from an aluminum road sign that was obtained from a scrap yard. A machine shop bent it to the correct size. The riffles are made from raised, expanded metal. Any carpet will work under the expanded metal. Nuggets usually stick in the flare and it doesn't have any trouble catching the fine gold. We made it narrow for use in small streams with little water. I also have a larger one that was manufactured but it doesn't work any better and doesn't work at all on the smaller streams.
    The reason we made the mini sluice was that we didn't have much water flow and our regular sluice was too large for the job. The mini sluice wasn't finicky at all. We tested it by dropping some small particles of lead into the flair and they were captured just fine by the expanded metal.

Sep 2012
    50 times
    Id imagine that abs and wood are just too soft.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc. etc.
    4420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsEarth View Post
    Well I finally have some free time tomorrow to do some prospecting now that the rivers water level has dropped quite a bit. I went down and took some pictures because I wanted to see if I can get some advice on where to be digging since Ive had no real luck so far.

Thanks,

Adam
    You may find this video useful to aid in reading creeks................

Haven't heard from you lately, any luck on finding some color? I'm guessing the weather has slowed you down.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 29, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    Search “nip & tuck goldmine” on YouTube.
    Guy has lots of wooden sluices that he uses in his operation.

Not wooden riffles, but wood framed sluices. Small operation with chunky gold in BC

Been trying to pause the video to see some of the bling that guy was wearing.
    Man oh man! 2:54 has a decent shot of them.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 30, 2020 at 02:42 AM.
    N-Lionberger likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    950 times
    Prospecting
    That guy looks like he's having a lot of fun, some of his early videos have all sorts of weird wooden contraptions.

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    Well...any luck or did you dip on us?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links