Is there gold on the OTHER side of the mountain? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Is there gold on the OTHER side of the mountain?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow, I am learning SO MUCH about mapping and nerding out HARD lol lol

Thanks for all the tips it's a lot of work but I am starting to get the hang of a good system to follow.

I am glad I started my mapping 6 months before summer!

Last edited by gold chick; Jan 19, 2020 at 10:06 AM.
    Survivalist, Prepper, Nomad, Aspiring Treasure Hunter

www.maximumoffgrid.com

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    You need to look back farther at the recorder. That is simply the quit claim deed from when he bought the claim. You need to go back to the notice of location of mining claim to see the maps drawn by the person who filed the claim in the first place.
    But all of the coordinates are there, so you can easily draw your own map of the claim. But it is a current valid claim that belongs to someone else. Time to put your boots on
    Download the map pdf, print out the section on standard paper so you have the topo, then add in the posts yourself.
    Here's the pdf page
    https://madisoncountymt.gov/243/Quad...pographic-Maps
    Unfortunately the notice of location of mining is not available online, even though I paid 5 bucks, it just has the quitclaim. But that is useful enough, now that I am figuring this whole system out. It is a lot of work but hopefully worth it in the end.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

www.maximumoffgrid.com

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11465 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold chick View Post
    Unfortunately the notice of location of mining is not available online, even though I paid 5 bucks, it just has the quitclaim. But that is useful enough, now that I am figuring this whole system out. It is a lot of work but hopefully worth it in the end.
    No public record is not unusual with claims scams. The sellers of the quitclaim you posted are well known for selling claims with no prospects for valuable minerals and for poor location work. That's is not unusual in the world of placer claims.

If the locator did not make public notice within 90 days of location the claim doesn't exist (even if someone is foolish enough to buy the quitclaim). Without a location notice recorded at the county you can pretty much ignore any "claim" the BLM has in their database. That's why you should never rely strictly on the BLM or the County records. It takes both as well as a physical location to make a legal claim.

Heavy Pans
    arizau likes this.

Mar 2016
    5089 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well just the name of the company appears to be intentionally misleading.
    Either to give the impression that they are a government agency or perhaps to make the company appear much larger than it really is.

Selling a mining claim is a transfer of land?
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    No public record is not unusual with claims scams. The sellers of the quitclaim you posted are well known for selling claims with no prospects for valuable minerals and for poor location work. That's is not unusual in the world of placer claims.

If the locator did not make public notice within 90 days of location the claim doesn't exist (even if someone is foolish enough to buy the quitclaim). Without a location notice recorded at the county you can pretty much ignore any "claim" the BLM has in their database. That's why you should never rely strictly on the BLM or the County records. It takes both as well as a physical location to make a legal claim.

Heavy Pans
    Really..... I have come across quite a few "Department of Land Transfer, Inc." quitclaims but there is no notice of location. So they make a quitclaim, but never file the location notice? But they pay the fee for the quitclaim so it shows as active? Strange. The funny thing is there are a whole lot of non-locals with quitclaims but no location notice that are tied to this company. I only got the one hour to look at the paperwork so I didn't pay too close of attention.

So basically, there must be a quitclaim, location notice, and physical markers to count as a claim?

www.maximumoffgrid.com

us
    Dec 2019
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Garrett AT Pro
    176 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post

Heavy Pans
    Also, is there a way to plug in coordinates directly into landmatters? I cannot figure it out

www.maximumoffgrid.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links