OLD & OBSCURE MINING LAWS STILL ON THE BOOKS

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mine is a lawyer specializing in defending mining companies & smaller operators against abusive government regulation. He told me that in certain areas of the western states there are still many old laws in effect that were issued by counties or districts sometimes by temporary authorities that can be used in defense of miners & prospectors when certain officials come at you with abusive regulations. Most "government regulators" as I call them are unaware of the older laws & some are stopped in their tracks when presented with actual laws on the books. A law may be old but that does not invalidate it's precedent or validity. He has also filed suit against some regulators for over stepping their authority. When doing so & getting caught at it they become fair game for a civil law suit. He has also successfully defended companies in violation of various regulations contained in the 1977 Surface Mining Act.
We must always strive to present a valid defense to maintain the freedoms we are granted by the Constitution of the United States. Our forefathers would expect no less.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions