PROSPECTOR NEEDED TO IDENTIFY & VALIDATE POTENTIAL GOLD VALUES - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: PROSPECTOR NEEDED TO IDENTIFY & VALIDATE POTENTIAL GOLD VALUES

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2313 times
    Prospecting
    Sounds like you're living the dream! Go for it!
    Silveraith, Hobbs. and Goodyguy like this.

May 2015
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If it were me I'd get Montana up and running and then find ground in Nevada to keep cash coming in all year. Eventually set your sight on Alaska when you want a high risk high reward operation. A good mechanic is definitely a must, things will break down.

Last time gold bubbled it hit $1700-1800. The previous trends dictate the next bubble will be higher especially when you account for inflation in the last decade. It will equalize back down again but with renewables you can run a more efficient operation so even during the dip you can turn a profit.

Though its difficult to predict what's going to happen with oil over the next several years.
    Last edited by Adventure_Time; Jan 20, 2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Hobbs. and Silveraith like this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    Where The Four Winds Blow
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    I agree with your thoughts. I think the Montana deal is a great place to get started & there will be a learning curve on my part so something proven & ready to go is a huge plus. I just wish the season up there wasn't so short. Slow & steady to start makes good sense to me. We invested & saved money for 15 yrs. We have a good bankroll. Not a million but close. We got heavily invested in stocks in June of 2009 when everything was low. It was a gamble at the time but we turned $50,000 into $600,000. On top of that we still have about $200,000 in mining stocks that I really don't want to sell now because I know they are going higher. We also have savings. I am aware that money can go away fast in mining so we are trying to be careful & get a good contract.
    Hobbs. and Goodyguy like this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    Any opinions or ideas on these two trommels I am considering. The Pioneer 50 will take a bit of time so I will need to order it in next couple months.

Pioneer 15

Pioneer 50 w/External Hopper & Conveyor
    Hobbs. likes this.

May 2015
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveraith View Post
    Any opinions or ideas on these two trommels I am considering. The Pioneer 50 will take a bit of time so I will need to order it in next couple months.

Pioneer 15

Pioneer 50 w/External Hopper & Conveyor
    I think it boils down to what you want to accomplish with them? The smaller trommel would be good for difficult / steep / narrow terrain where you wont be rolling in fullsized equipment. How many yards per hour are you wanting / need to run VS what each is capable of and what the two of you will be able to realistically feed them. It'd be tragic to have too much gold and not enough trommel to get through it at the rate you need, if you are scaling up in the future the larger trommel is future proofed.
    Hobbs. likes this.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1270 times
    I don't have a link available, but look into MSI Equipment. Freddy Dodge has had a hand in nearly all the wash plants used on Gold Rush. In fact they are looking for medium to large operations that need upgrades as part of a new series.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    The smaller one is what I want to use for testing. It will handle 10 - 15 yds/hr. The Pioneer 50 would be my permanent set up for production. It's rated at 25 - 50 yds/hr. I am looking to run at least 200 yds per day so I should be good for much more if needed. I'm getting so excited to get this going I can't sleep LOL.
    Goodyguy and Hobbs. like this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    Also, before I decide on the Montana Mine I am going up there with my wife & we will help the owner run gravels for our own test to back up what he is telling me the values are. He has a small trommel set up & has equipment so we will run at least 500 yds & crunch the numbers. If we go that route I won't need the smaller Pioneer 15 trommel for testing, just the big one for production. That's assuming I won't be testing any other claims but that's not decided yet.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    I already have their link & have talked with MSI on the phone. They are in Colorado. Prices are NOT CHEAP & most likely out of my range. Parkers wash plant is from a big company out of Australia. They make some real nice equipment also if you want to spend $200 K or more. That's a lot of money & I wasn't real impressed with the way his performed. Gold Claimer is American Made in Minnesota. American Made is a big plus for me.
    Hobbs. likes this.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1270 times
    If price has now become an issue, also check Heckler Fab. California made mining equipment.
    Hobbs. likes this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    Already have. I've heard good & bad about them. I don't want to spend much more than $100 - $150 K on a plant. The Pioneer 50 fits the bill all in.
    Hobbs. likes this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    BTW, my wife & I are West Virginia Strong. Still some coal mining going on around here. Here's a good song by some good old boys I know called The Blackwater Outlaws.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3910 times
    Personally, I would post an add in the icmj that you are looking for a washplant. There's one for sale in there right now just up the street from me. I can look at it after you call the guy in Congress, Az. if you want more info. I've seen the gold claimer brand in person. You should talk to previous owners before buying. This is your first time out, so buying used, but already proven to work great might be something for you to think about. You get what you pay for when buying new usually, so don't count out MSI or any of the other custom builders out there because you can get something cheaper. You get what you pay for...

Mar 2016
    3695 times
    $200,000 divided by $7/CY....thatís scary to think about.

Hopefully there is unlimited tailings to run.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 20, 2020 at 09:18 PM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    The Gold Claimer Pioneer 50 is about $130,000 all in. Running 250 yards per day would take 114 days to gross $200K. Nobody makes a ton of money the first year. I work off a 5 yr business plan. Also, the plan is to eventually start running high grade. If my wife & I are profitable in year 2 we will be happy. Just running tailings is a pretty easy & low cost operation the way he's set up. We should gross about $250,000 per year & net maybe 60 -70% if our calculations are correct. Anything around $100,000 per season is good with us & that leaves us over half the year for other things. Working for ourselves makes it even better. There's enough tailings for at least 15 yrs.
    Reed Lukens, Goodyguy and Hobbs. like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links