PROSPECTOR NEEDED TO IDENTIFY & VALIDATE POTENTIAL GOLD VALUES

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
I need a good prospector that can evaluate potential claims I may buy or partner on. You need to be able to show a claim has potential before I bring in heavy equipment for testing. I will pay $1000 per week plus all expenses including transportation, camping gear, & food. You bring your expertise. A good attitude & ability to work hard & play hard are a must. This could very well lead to a permanent position. Let's talk.

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on a mining engineer in Australia that I know he's telling me to figure around 30 - 40 % of the gross pay gold going to operating expense. Of course every situation is unique. If my wife * I can run it alone we save paying any labor. As far as equipment cost it will depend on our final decision on what to use but I'd say $6000 - $8000 per month in equipment cost to run. One of the reasons I like this mine is the set up. ALL the tailings go over a bluff 100 ft high into an approved area that the owner wants to fill in. The Big course from the hopper get rammed off the grizzly over the side. The course tailings from the end of the trommel get carried off the bluff with a small conveyor. All the fine tailings from the end of the sluice go over the bluff. So we will have no expense, time, or manpower to deal with any tailings which is a great thing. The old tailings dump we will run is only about 100 ft from the plant so hauling will be cheap. I am thinking of buying an old 10 yard dump truck for hauling pay. The skid steer will sit at the plant & feed the beast all day. We are going to set up lighting to run into the night to get more yardage. We will run 12 - 14 hr days & process cons on Sunday. So we should run the plant a minimum of 70 hrs per week.

The Aussie's 30 to 40% number seems to be totally based on his cost to gold ratio which can only be figured after the fact. That number could vary wildly depending upon gold recovery. Plus fuel costs in Australia vs Montana would be another variable which would throw the numbers off.

Using the Aussie's percentages for instance: You stated above that the Montana operation is averaging $7.00 per yard or $1,400.00 per 200 yards a day in gold. That would equal $420.00 in operating costs per day@ 30% or $560.00 per day@ 40%

$420.00 X 30 days is $12,600 and $560.00 X 30 days is $16,800 per month in operating costs, so using his percentages would double the 6K to 8K that you estimated.

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like a safer gamble would be to start mining on a much smaller scale. A way to get some gold and experience without betting the farm on leftovers.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some info on the Montana mine to run by you guys. I talked with a few people out there who now the mine owner & they tell me he's a straight shooter. He's in his early 80's & just plum worn out. I was talking to him on the phone last night & here's what he's offering to me. He said to come up there when the season starts & use his equipment to run gravels for a month. I can even go in to the high grade for a 100 yard test. I'm figuring with his smaller set up I should be able to run 2000 yards of the old tailings dump & 100 yards of virgin high grade. I have to of course pay the expenses of fuel & haul 100 yards of the old tailings dump back into the high grade to fill in the hole we dig - no big deal. He is working on approval for the high grade but we can go hog wild on the tailings dump - the more the better as they want to fill in the area below. We split the gold from the test 50/50. Now here's the exciting part. He wants to retire & move to Arizona where his daughter lives. He will sell me the mine, & all equipment for $200,000. He needs money to make the move & is just too dang old to be running equipment & working on equipment, etc. All the equipment is in an old barn on the mine. There is also an old miner's cabin that needs work. His equipment is old & not worth a bunch. I offered him 10% down as a deposit to hold the deal until I get out there. He's good with that & we can write it up so the deposit is refundable to me at the end of the test if I decide to walk away. Looks like I may be buying a mine in Montana.

Great Idea, then you know exactly what you are getting yourselves into with little risk, VERY SMART!

Have you thought of a name for your mine yet? :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I didn't under estimate anything. His figures include some labor as well. The other savings come from no tailings clearing expense & the short hauling distance as well as pre- dug material ready to run. My numbers are accurate. We are experienced in costs of running equipment.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I didn't under estimate anything. His figures include some labor as well. The other savings come from no tailings clearing expense & the short hauling distance as well as pre- dug material ready to run. My numbers are accurate. We are experienced in costs of running equipment.

Sorry, only trying to help.

All the Best,
GG~

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you ever make it to Colorado you can bring that equipment to my claim and well dig it up!
I'm ready to get the gold and move on to the next spot and let this claim go. I have too many other good prospects to keep staking claims and hoarding claims is not productive and can be expensive.
They are meant to be mined, not to just sit there. Problem is I don't have equipment or enough capitol to get it done.

Maybe someday I'll find a way, I just need investors. Even a backhoe and small wash plant would be prime.

GunnisonGold

Jan 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also in Gunnison as well, I had good luck talking with Sweetwater Mining; they're local to Gunnison and good folks. They looked at all of my contiguous hard rock and placer claims and bought me out a week later of a few different claims! Worth a shot to give'em a ring

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gunnisongold, that's good to know about Sweetwater. I've never heard of them but that's an option.
Did they buy a lode or placer claim from you? Did they offer you a fair price?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The claims Sweetwater have for sale were located by them less than 10 months ago. They are located in an area that has virtually no history of mining or mining claims.

About a mile to the south the tincup placer has some history and there are a few lead mines that produced some silver further south. About a mile to the north there is some historical lead mining activity.

Most of the land around there is open to location so about $250, your time and a few stakes could get you a mining claim with the same potential as the $10,000 - $15,000 claims Sweetwater just located.

- you could be rich - :cat:

Welcome to the forum GunnisonGold. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure where their mines are, could be a department of land transfer type thing and no gold around haha.
Their office is in downtown gunnison so I will have to check that out.
Seems they are buying claims so I'll see what they say.

GunnisonGold

Jan 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a small group of lode claims no placer claims , altogether I thought it was a fair deal; now for me onto prospecting some new ground in the spring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread