Pay dirt Suppliers?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certified gold? Don’t know what that is. Are you wanting to KNOW there is a certain amount of gold added?

Last edited:

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like Dirt Hoggs paydirt.. nice amount of gold and plenty of fines .. can be a real challenge for a rookie panner.... I get bags for dad to practice with.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't bother with paydirt if you're just wanting to practice with getting the gold for panning. All of them put less gold than you could buy, so buy gold flakes instead and mix it with some sand from Home Depot/Lowes. In fact try buying some of that sand too, depending on your area some of those sandbags can even have gold in it.

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was given a couple bags for christmas that were from Gold Hog. I loved them and they had decent gold as well as some gemstones.

OP
OP
AFterBurn

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I just meant paydirt known to contain actual gold. I dug up lots of Mica in my yard and now need the experience and practice with real gold.

OP
OP
AFterBurn

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EF4DAB55-CE41-4481-A112-94931FADA529.jpeg

OP
OP
AFterBurn

AFterBurn

Greenie
Jan 17, 2020
N.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@firebird: that video was seriously entertaining! I need to go to Home Depot for lumber this week anyway, lol �� This guy had me actually laughing out loud, but also definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
just buy some gold and mix it with some dirt,so you are not paying to ship dirt.i understand its good to test with real gold,so just buy the real gold.
brad

Feb 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pay dirt

I would like to practice panning certified gold using bought paydirt. Any threads out there someone can recommend? Or any recommended suppliers? Thanks!
Try Dan Hurd Prospecting on youtube. He will show you what he puts in and for pay dirt his is some of the best. Also has a web sight to buy it Dan Hurd Prospecting.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've purchased from Lynch Mining before, as a way to cure my 'gold fever' in the winter months when the creeks are iced over here. I'd buy from them again, had a pretty good return with their Black Label Reserve paydirt.

20190328_190805.jpg

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
March 2 2020..... spot price: $51.65 per gram. Just got hammered with auto insurance. Perhaps you might want to PM me for a gram or two. I'll add the dirt for free!!!HA

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well now....I guess not to serious, no responce. And I woulda' even "certified" it as real shiny SW Oregon placer. Offer is still up and postage would be $8.30 for a half-a-shoebox of mixed placer (weight content of gold as specified) and nice mix of black sand and tan crap. I guess knowing that you would recover a gram at spot price just ain't worth the gamble, HA!! And just for grins I prefer to sell in pennyweights. That way nobody gets confused with oz. and oz.t kinda calculations. Pennyweights is only used in gold and is soooo easy to figure out. 20 pennyweights to an oz.t so if I can figure it out in my head everybody should be able to. Just say spot at $1688 divide by 10 = and divide that by 1/2. $1688=$168.80=$84.40 A pennyweight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread