Withdrawn from mineral entry database question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Withdrawn from mineral entry database question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    1032 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning

Withdrawn from mineral entry database question

How can I fine out if an area is withdrawn -- New claim markers have been posted on a spot I go that that is marked with BLM signs saying entering Recreational Mining area and leaving Recreational Mining area.

I met the new owner (nice guy) he says there is no record of it being withdrawn from mineral entry -- he filed his claim and BLM took his Money.
    I think he is wrong but I respected his marker and did not mine.
    BLM even has maps online showing it's a Recreational Mining area.
    I'm trying to find info to back it up
    Cheers Mike
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Have you called BLM?

Here are some land orders...
    https://www.blm.gov/programs/lands-a...ic-land-orders
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 23, 2020 at 10:03 PM.
    Bodfish Mike likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    1032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Have you called BLM?
    No not yet -- BLM took his money when he filed -- so I think a call would be useless
    Cheers
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodfish Mike View Post
    No not yet -- BLM took his money when he filed -- so I think a call would be useless
    Cheers
    Donít give up so easily.
    BLM is very indiscriminate when it comes to cashing checks that are mailed in.

If the area was withdrawn from mineral entry, it will take them at least a year to cancel his claim in their database.

They are very helpful in my experience and have access to databases that we do not.
    Maybe there is a way easier way than filtering through all the land orders...
    Iím sure Clay will pipe in and tell is itís easy to do on Land Matters! (Hopefully).

This is a good place to see scanned pages of the actual orders.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ewest#advanced

If it was withdrawn for a specific reason like..a wild and scenic designation, wilderness, hydroelectric projects, etc. you might be able to do some pdf searches to help narrow it down more quickly. It would be easiest to call your state BLM office.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    I think you can search that information on LR2000 under Pub CR Case reports or public status reports. It doesn’t work on my tablet, but I think it’s all there.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 23, 2020 at 10:55 PM.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    1032 times
    I'll spill the beans it's in Keyesville CA. If this guy gets away with this it will open up some sweet sections of the kern river to claim.
    Maybe I should keep my mouth shut.
    Cheers Mike
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    So far I can tell it was withdrawn in March 1968 to prevent illegal occupancy.
    You can look at the year and probably get an idea of the troubles they were having...

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10730 times
    Prospecting
    How can I fine out if an area is withdrawn -- New claim markers have been posted on a spot I go that that is marked with BLM signs saying entering Recreational Mining area and leaving Recreational Mining area.

I met the new owner (nice guy) he says there is no record of it being withdrawn from mineral entry -- he filed his claim and BLM took his Money.
    I think he is wrong but I respected his marker and did not mine.
    BLM even has maps online showing it's a Recreational Mining area.
    I'm trying to find info to back it up
    Cheers Mike
    Your questions are answered in the Master Title Plat and Historical Index.

The Master Title Plat is the current government record of land status across all federal agencies. It should be the first bit of research you do on any potential mining claim.

You can download the Master Title Plat for any public land area in the west directly from the Land Matters Land Status Maps.

It's much easier to research the Master Title Plat before putting boots on the ground.

Heavy Pans

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3790 times
    Master title plat, if there is a withdrawal it will have a PLO number search the Federal register,
    most last 20 years then have to be renewed, noticed some on BLM in Oregon haven't been renewed.
    going to do some more research before filing, wouldn't want to lose my filing fees.

fyi don't know how often they update the MTP
    Last edited by winners58; Jan 24, 2020 at 02:17 AM.
    Clay Diggins and Bodfish Mike like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10730 times
    Prospecting
    The Master Title Plat (MTP) along with the Historical Index (HI) are the most current record of federal public land status. They are updated every time there is a change in land status. Until the MTP/HI are updated there is no change in land status - they are the controlling documents.

Expired withdrawals still exist until the MTP/HI is updated. This is a really messed up system because even though the withdrawal has run it's course you can't make a legal claim until the record is updated by the BLM. I know of quite a few formerly withdrawn areas that are in BLM limbo because the BLM hasn't bothered to update the record.

Some withdrawals like the Small Tract Act were repealed as long ago as 1976 but the BLM still hasn't opened most of those areas to mineral entry. The first link shows just one instance but there are many more.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Jan 24, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    1032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Your questions are answered in the Master Title Plat and Historical Index.

The Master Title Plat is the current government record of land status across all federal agencies. It should be the first bit of research you do on any potential mining claim.

You can download the Master Title Plat for any public land area in the west directly from the Land Matters Land Status Maps.

It's much easier to research the Master Title Plat before putting boots on the ground.

Heavy Pans
    Thanks Clay working on it can't open JPEG2000 format -- need to
    download plugins for IrfanView.
    Thanks Mike
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3681 times
    Thanks Clay working on it can't open JPEG2000 format -- need to
    download plugins for IrfanView.
    Thanks Mike
    Ya that is a poor choice for image format. I couldn’t open them either despite supposed support. Irfanview will do it once the plugins are installed.

So I’m not worthless as tits on a boar hog..
    Here’s the decoder map..your going to need it.
    Pay special attention to line types.
    https://www.blm.gov/or/pubroom/files/MTP_Help.pdf

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3874 times
    Another thing you should do is get a copy of his paperwork. He may have filed it somewhere else and either doesn't know where he is, or is saying that it's his claim, when it isn't. I had a guy tell me that I was on his claim, which is why I went down there, because he was running off the locals. I asked to see a copy of his paperwork and when he couldn't produce it, I pulled out my copy along with the maps and showed him where his claim was on the other side of the hill... It all went well and he quit running people out of the withdrawn area.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12520 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    BLM does have public rec areas in several counties I know of. they tend to be a a whole section removed from mineral entry.

BLM can give bad info. But. those withdrawn areas they have are real and exist so I would really check on it.

Yes they will take your money. In Ca. it can take years for them to admit their mistakes.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10824 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    BLM does have public rec areas in several counties I know of. they tend to be a a whole section removed from mineral entry.

BLM can give bad info. But. those withdrawn areas they have are real and exist so I would really check on it.

Yes they will take your money. In Ca. it can take years for them to admit their mistakes.
    I donít see it as a BLM mistake. The prospector makes a mistake filing without checking the MTP. The BLM fee is based on what it costs them to adjudicate your claim (figure out if itís valid or not). If the answer turns out to be ďnoĒ, they still spent the time/money to figure out the answer.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links