Kenai Peninsula Alaska

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are quite a few public access areas managed by the state. I’ve found good gold at Resurrection Creek for example. Maybe start on those lands?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a blast you can also check treasure hunters by location in that forum might help also Good luck

OP
OP
guyport89

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
There are quite a few public access areas managed by the state. I’ve found good gold at Resurrection Creek for example. Maybe start on those lands?

Thanks KevinInColorado , I’m very familiar with Resurrection Creek, when you were prospecting there were you panning or using other recovery methods?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I’ve been in Alaska a couple of years and have been looking to get back into gold prospecting on or around the Kenai peninsula. If you know any folks looking for an extra body to help out or are willing to share information of our beautiful area, let me know. Cheers and happy hunting

Are you familiar with Welcome to Land Matters? It has up to date info on current claims and also historical claim records.....easiest way to find gold is to search for it in areas where it has been found before while making sure you avoid current claims.

Good luck.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you familiar with Welcome to Land Matters? It has up to date info on current claims and also historical claim records.....easiest way to find gold is to search for it in areas where it has been found before while making sure you avoid current claims.

Good luck.

Land Matters has limited current claim information in Alaska at present. They changed their system and we are still chasing down those changes. We have a program in place to bring that claims data current but funds and time are short.

Alaska has a very nice claims mapping system in place. Give it a try:
Alaska Mapper - Map

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

outnaboutnak

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2018
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Land Matters has limited current claim information in Alaska at present. They changed their system and we are still chasing down those changes. We have a program in place to bring that claims data current but funds and time are short.

Alaska has a very nice claims mapping system in place. Give it a try:
Alaska Mapper - Map

Heavy Pans

The Alaska mapper is great for State of Alaska mining claims but IS NOT accurate for mining claims on BLM land. Though it gives you an idea do not trust it without checking the SDMS and of course a final test is the recorders office search.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks KevinInColorado , I’m very familiar with Resurrection Creek, when you were prospecting there were you panning or using other recovery methods?

I primarily used a Gold Cube with the Gold Banker attachment on top. There is a dredging season on that creek too. Be sure to avoid digging Dredge tailings LoL!

OP
OP
guyport89

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
I primarily used a Gold Cube with the Gold Banker attachment on top. There is a dredging season on that creek too. Be sure to avoid digging Dredge tailings LoL!

Thanks for the insight, yeah I know the season falls in the spring before the salmon run on the creek. Are you from Alaska? I do realize you’re user name says otherwise

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck to you.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the insight, yeah I know the season falls in the spring before the salmon run on the creek. Are you from Alaska? I do realize you’re user name says otherwise

Nope, CO based. I spent 11 weeks on a driving trip in 2018 and prospected 17 public spots in BC, YK and AK. Awesome trip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread