Dry Ravines - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Dry Ravines

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12537 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep691 View Post
    Sorry you're so offended by language, but it's what you get when you put a bunch of men in the woods with tools...
    oh well they pulled it
    Bodfish Mike likes this.

Mar 2016
    3695 times
    I knew the folks that were leaving those ankle breaking holes in the woods carried scales with them in the field.
    Goldwasher and Bodfish Mike like this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveraith View Post
    They better hope the moderators don't see it & pull it off for profanity violations on the site LOL. He already got kicked off FB.
    didn't get kicked off of fb you can cuss on facebook. it was a page moderator that had an issue with link sharing period.

But, you managed to get my big bad youtube link removed good job.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jan 27, 2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Hobbs. likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    I knew the folks that were leaving those ankle breaking holes in the woods carried scales with them in the field.
    darn tootin we know where they are so were not falling in.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    Where The Four Winds Blow
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    It wasn't us, it was the moderator doing his job. I can't remove any links. Maybe you could make a family friendly video & post it.
    Last edited by Silveraith; Jan 27, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2019
    On the edge of the Great Basin.
    E-Trac, Gold Bug II, ATX, GPX-5K, Nox 800.
    361 times
    Metal Detecting

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    didn't get kicked off of fb you can cuss on facebook. it was a page moderator that had an issue with link sharing period.

But, you managed to get my big bad youtube link removed good job.
    Goldwasher, it was deleted because it violated our rules, not because of Silveraith. It isnt the first video deleted for language and Im sure it want be the last.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 27, 2020 at 07:26 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1270 times
    I shouldn't say this, but half of mine could be deleted too. TH, please don't go lookin' LOL

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    1034 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    I watched it and liked it -- however no video next week because of SUPERCROSS in Oakland CA ye haw go KEN ROCZEN.
    Went last time when it was in Oakland -- staying home this time.
    Thanks for the video
    Cheers Mike
    1637 likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3695 times
    A tip about ravines...many times a ravine will have steps in the profile of the gut.
    It will go from being somewhat flat with some sort of width to it, to being steep and narrow, then back to flatter and wider.

I’ve found that if the ravine has decent gold in it, that they would mine the flatter portions of the ravine, then skip over the steeper narrow portion. These steeper narrower portions of ravines or small dry drainages can contain ounces of gold despite only being fairly short. The steeper the profile, the shallower the bedrock typically is.

Many times bedrock is just deep enough that even the most expensive detectors won’t detect the pay layer. Trench off a couple feet and you are having some fun.

It takes a pick and shovel...maybe a digging bar...possibly a bucket to bail water.

I hate to let this info out, because while most people are worrying about unclaimed placer deposits....there is plenty of not so easy gold to get that is typically never claimed due to the small size of the ravine.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 27, 2020 at 09:30 PM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2313 times
    Prospecting
    Be careful at the supercross! You might come out to your car and theres people living in it!
    Name:  download (3).jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  8.9 KB

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    A tip about ravines...many times a ravine will have steps in the profile of the gut.
    It will go from being somewhat flat with some sort of width to it, to being steep and narrow, then back to flatter and wider.

I’ve found that if the ravine has decent gold in it, that they would mine the flatter portions of the ravine, then skip over the steeper narrow portion. These steeper narrower portions of ravines or small dry drainages can contain ounces of gold despite only being fairly short. The steeper the profile, the shallower the bedrock typically is.

Many times bedrock is just deep enough that even the most expensive detectors won’t detect the pay layer. Trench off a couple feet and you are having some fun.

It takes a pick and shovel...maybe a digging bar...possibly a bucket to bail water.

I hate to let this info out, because while most people are worrying about unclaimed placer deposits....there is plenty of not so easy gold to get that is typically never claimed due to the small size of the ravine.
    its not really a secret. its what we already do .
    KevinInColorado and Goodyguy like this.

Mar 2016
    3695 times
    Wasn't directed at you specifically.

Lots of people in the early stage of learning.
    Silveraith and brianc053 like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    its not really a secret. its what we already do .
    true.. good advice!!

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    Where The Four Winds Blow
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    That's what excavators are for. A trained operator can do in 3 minutes what would take a day's worth of pick & shovel work.
    Last edited by Silveraith; Jan 29, 2020 at 09:29 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links