Dry Ravines - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Dry Ravines

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc. etc.
    4447 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Silveraith View Post
    That's what excavators are for. A trained operator can do in 3 minutes what would take a day's worth of pick & shovel work.
    Cant tell you how many times I wished I could be using an excavator instead of a pick and shovel

Out here it's 50 to 100 miles minimum to anywhere. No way renting and hauling in an excavator would be cost effective, not to mention filing a NOI and a POO and then there's the reclamation bond.

Get used to the pick and shovel while prospecting BLM or National Forest land, otherwise you will be in for a costly and time consuming venture.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 29, 2020 at 10:00 PM.
    KevinInColorado and Rail Dawg like this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    Where The Four Winds Blow
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    The POO isn't hard to get. Might take a couple months & you can do it yourself. The reclamation bond is refundable when reclamation is finished. Not a problem.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc. etc.
    4447 times
    The POO isn't hard to get. Might take a couple months & you can do it yourself. The reclamation bond is refundable when reclamation is finished. Not a problem.
    Of course you do it yourself, and while you are waiting for all that, the pick and shovel already did the job and moved on to the next site.
    I think we are talking two different operations here. A one man prospecting operation vs a crew working a mining operation once the prospecting is done.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 29, 2020 at 10:00 PM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    A pick & shovel can't dig up ground 20 ft below the surface for testing.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4447 times
    A pick & shovel can't dig up ground 20 ft below the surface for testing.
    I've been more than 20 feet deep with a pick and shovel but that was after the testing was done.
    Using an excavator just for testing out here is just not cost effective nor feasible getting it in to most locations.

Look, like most of us here I know what excavators can do and I know how to file poo's and that the reclamation bond is refundable and I am well aware of what a pick and shovel are capable of, so.....

Please try to refrain from giving out any gold prospecting advice until you have used a gold pan at least once.....
    Just sayn'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gh.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	1795922

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 29, 2020 at 11:05 PM.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    That's what excavators are for. A trained operator can do in 3 minutes what would take a day's worth of pick & shovel work.
    Awwww Charlene your the cutest helper ever!!

Too bad you have to punch through a mile of brush to get to these spots. Excavators don't have wings and I'm not waiting for a permit to get an excavator to a canyon I can walk too.

Maybe at this point its best you mind your own business . I know your gonna have the urge to spin some yarn on what you would do...but, your not here so just don't.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    Getting a POO & some digging equipment in place is a valid option. It is not that hard to take an excavator through brush & can clear it's way through the difficult areas easily. Once in place the amount of testing that can be accomplished in a relatively short time is worth the wait for the POO. Something to consider in addition to hand digging. You see, i'm really not as inexperienced at mining as you may think.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10758 times
    Prospecting
    Interestingly I just found out that miners have been digging some very big and very deep holes with little more than a pick and a dirt scoop for thousands of years.

Who'da thunk it?

Stranger still is the fact that they stop mining on TV when their powered equipment breaks down. Must be some pretty poor ground if you can't make a day's wages without moving dozens of yards a day through expensive powered equipment.

In my experience a small miner needs 3 gram yards on average to make a go of a deposit ... except on TV.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Awwww Charlene your the cutest helper ever!!

Too bad you have to punch through a mile of brush to get to these spots. Excavators don't have wings and I'm not waiting for a permit to get an excavator to a canyon I can walk too.

Maybe at this point its best you mind your own business . I know your gonna have the urge to spin some yarn on what you would do...but, your not here so just don't.
    Goldwasher. Post by our rules, keep your replies respectful and polite.
    Goldwasher likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Captain Silveraith

Dec 2019
    194 times
    Plundering & Pillaging
    All a matter of time. I was told on a previous post a man can't dig very many yards. Now it has changed that he can? God invented hydraulics for a reason. Three gram yards are not that easy to come by.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    4447 times
    All a matter of time. I was told on a previous post a man can't dig very many yards. Now it has changed that he can? God invented hydraulics for a reason. Three gram yards are not that easy to come by.
    Boy aint that the truth

That's the whole point! It's just not cost effective or time efficient to find unclaimed ground, make a discovery, file and stake a claim, then file noi, then poo, put up a bond, wait on an approval, rent or buy, then haul and fuel an excavator, just to test some BLM ground that you think, or have good reason to believe may contain some AU values.

Of course testing a patented claim for purchase with relatively known values is a different animal altogether and may well be worth the cost of using an excavator for testing. A patented or deeded claim will not be subject to all the BLM red tape and will be governed by 1872 mining laws only.

Hope this helps,
    GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 30, 2020 at 09:33 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    633 times
    Prospecting
    Man some here are so quick to bust out the big gun machinery!

My brother and I finally find some sweet spots and we're just now up to jackhammers lol. We won't rent the big stuff for maybe a year?

Learned long ago to put the ego aside and listen to those that know what the hell they're talking about. Every saloon in Nevada has the loud-mouth miner who thinks he knows everything. I like the quiet guy in the corner who finally decides to share some secrets once he gets to know you.

Now THAT is gold lol.

Chuck

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    954 times
    Prospecting
    Man what a joke, a lot of gold bearing ravines and canyons it wouldn't be feasible to take an excavator out to, I know a few where it would be physically impossible!
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Man what a joke, a lot of gold bearing ravines and canyons it wouldn't be feasible to take an excavator out to, I know a few where it would be physically impossible!
    Yep. I cruise right along. Find hots spots clean them out.
    Much better profit margin. The ground that requires more involved digging gets treat differently and in Ca. To get everything together to actually profit.

Takes a lot of patience. Plus a very good spot to bother with a lot of the hassle.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12537 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Goldwasher. Post by our rules, keep your replies respectful and polite.
    Sorry sometimes when other people are silly.. i get caught up in it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links