Dry Ravines

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like authentic small scale prospecting videos subscribe to Topcats channel.

It is called TopCat Gold prospecting adventures. The name of the newest video is Metal detecting for gold 2020

He puts out a new video pretty much weekly. You will have to sign in to verify age. Youtube does that so we don't need redundant moderation.

You will get to see Asmbandits, (make sure you subscribe to him too California Motherlode Prospectors) maybe Mytimetoshine A few of my claim partners/neighbors and even ME sometimes:icon_thumleft:

Different areas of the Motherlode and Northern Gold Country. Yuba river The American etc.

This video is from Saturday. most of the video is the end of the day. We were re hitting a few areas we have done well before.

Ole and I got gold but only a few small dinkers. Watch until the end you will get to see what an SDC2300 is capable of and what large coiled minelabs don't hear.

The spot we are on at the end has thrown more than a half ounce .. we're layering down and exposing bedrock for smalls now.

IMHO much better viewing than twenty minutes of any tv show gold "production"

Will never be as cool as moonshine and arm wrestling though

Watch last weeks video and you'll see my partner Ole beep out twenty plus pieces.

They are videos made about fellas out digging I apologize for the age restriction. Be forewarned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay..sometimes your lazy with your googling..which is in stark contrast with the information you provide that is mining related. :laughing7:

Look further..they have a half dozen mountains listed at over 4500Ft

Anyway...a tradition excavator can slide its way down some pretty steep hills, but they are not much good at climbing that kind of stuff. They have very heavy counter weights in order to reach out so far and dig yards at a time at full extension on a slope.
They have to follow the dozer up the hillside.

English is a funny language. It's 2781 feet from the lowest point at the base of Spruce Knob to the summit. As I wrote:
Spruce Knob, goes up nearly 2800 feet.

Nothing in my post was about elevation above sea level. Sea level is a pretty poor indicator of relative height. My brother has a hill next to his house that's 5,721 feet above sea level but a 90 year old man could "climb" the hill in less than 10 seconds. :thumbsup:

I did google the distance up Spruce Knob but it's not all internet "fact". I actually "climbed" Spruce Knob with a girlfriend in 1972. Pretty country there. Pretty girl too. It was a good time.

I'm not comfortable with excavators that "slide". I might like to watch from a distance though. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen lil' excavators do really neat things . A good operator can get one of a trailer and back on no ramps..

Bucket climbing is a must in hill country.

Notice I never said we don't use an excavator.

We just aren't bringing it to every spot we hit gold.

Clay knows some of what we've been up to. A couple members here have seen it.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay - DANG IT!

English is my first and only language.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread