Dry Ravines

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like authentic small scale prospecting videos subscribe to Topcats channel.

It is called TopCat Gold prospecting adventures. The name of the newest video is Metal detecting for gold 2020

He puts out a new video pretty much weekly. You will have to sign in to verify age. Youtube does that so we don't need redundant moderation.

You will get to see Asmbandits, (make sure you subscribe to him too California Motherlode Prospectors) maybe Mytimetoshine A few of my claim partners/neighbors and even ME sometimes:icon_thumleft:

Different areas of the Motherlode and Northern Gold Country. Yuba river The American etc.

This video is from Saturday. most of the video is the end of the day. We were re hitting a few areas we have done well before.

Ole and I got gold but only a few small dinkers. Watch until the end you will get to see what an SDC2300 is capable of and what large coiled minelabs don't hear.

The spot we are on at the end has thrown more than a half ounce .. we're layering down and exposing bedrock for smalls now.

IMHO much better viewing than twenty minutes of any tv show gold "production"

Will never be as cool as moonshine and arm wrestling though

Watch last weeks video and you'll see my partner Ole beep out twenty plus pieces.

They are videos made about fellas out digging I apologize for the age restriction. Be forewarned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry ravines are one of the better places to detect..They hide gold no detector will pick up if that makes sense?

This is one of my favorite gold pics. Found 3 feet deep in a dry ravine back in 2008
This was just some of it.

04C0F331-1523-445E-BF63-9A59ED0D380C.jpeg

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to distract from your video. I wish I had thought to video some of my mining. I like the idea of multiple people contributing to a video channel.
Seems like a great way to generate a variety of content.

I'll have to finish the video at lunch.

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Subscribed already to the whole gang including 2toes!
It's nice to see the whole process. Not just the final 5 minutes of the recovery.
That sdc was screemin' on that piece. That test you did with the big coil was cool to see the difference. I'm curious if a VLF would have been able to work that ravine. That's all I have currently. Or, is there something that makes only the PIs work in those situations?
Fun stuff! Keeps me fired up while I am waiting for spring!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Subscribed already to the whole gang including 2toes!
It's nice to see the whole process. Not just the final 5 minutes of the recovery.
That sdc was screemin' on that piece. That test you did with the big coil was cool to see the difference. I'm curious if a VLF would have been able to work that ravine. That's all I have currently. Or, is there something that makes only the PIs work in those situations?
Fun stuff! Keeps me fired up while I am waiting for spring!

Notice the red dirt. The ground is really hot. Especially when wet. I would have heard the 7.2 gram piece with my gold bug. But not any of the other pieces we've dug there. The piece Ole was after wasn't heard By the sdc until he scraped some material there. We had both been over the spot. There was exposed bedrock right near it.

So it is still noisy for the sdc there is still ground noise and iff targets that fade when scraped.. But nothing like with a VLF. I normally run full power but, depending on the ground noise i will drop the sensitivity a setting or two.

Ole pulled out a one gram piece about 11" inches down right behind where he is in this video Gpz hit on it

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry ravines are one of the better places to detect..They hide gold no detector will pick up if that makes sense?

This is one of my favorite gold pics. Found 3 feet deep in a dry ravine back in 2008
This was just some of it.

View attachment 1795104

Metal detectors don't find gold. Prospectors do.

I know exactly what you mean.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I shared the video on a facebook page and they pulled it because they don't want all the youtubers promoting their channels.

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I was wondering. I kinda figured someone would have a VLF if it were useful at that spot. Thanks for explaining.
11" on 1 gram, man, that's incredible.
I'm a little too far away for weekend prospecting on a regular basis. Thanks again for the videos!

Silveraith

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Where The Four Winds Blow
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched the video & it was informative. The only suggestion I would make is to clean up the filthy language. At least they bleep it on Gold Rush. Not sure why people think they need to talk like that. Just a suggestion. My nephew is here & wanted to watch it but I couldn't let him. At least you gave a warning LOL. Hopefully you guys don't talk like that in front of your families but in this day & age it seems like anything goes. We're old fashioned I guess. Thanks, Charlene.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video deleted for language. If video language is cleaned up it can be reposted otherwise no, videos are subject to same rules on language as forum..

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you're so offended by language, but it's what you get when you put a bunch of men in the woods with tools...:icon_thumright: :occasion14:

oh well they pulled it

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the folks that were leaving those ankle breaking holes in the woods carried scales with them in the field. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They better hope the moderators don't see it & pull it off for profanity violations on the site LOL. He already got kicked off FB.

didn't get kicked off of fb you can cuss on facebook. it was a page moderator that had an issue with link sharing period.

But, you managed to get my big bad youtube link removed good job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the folks that were leaving those ankle breaking holes in the woods carried scales with them in the field. :laughing7:

darn tootin we know where they are so were not falling in.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread