The best feeling you can get

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the best thing that can happen, you try out a new system to find gold with, your first test is stuff you have already run and thought it was clean, then lo and behold, you find gold that your previous method somehow did not find, this is the stuff that makes you feel good, but then you wonder what else you may have missed. ah well now i have gold i did not have before, so life is good once again.

Upvote 0

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whats the new system? Always nice to find some color when you don't expect it.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
run stuff through the old system TWICE at least. you'll also get that feeling

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the new system is working for you thats awesome. To me its like going over a spot Ive detected a hundred times but using a new better machine. Keep rippin that yellow out of the ground!!!!!!!Tommy

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
still working on the claim that is owned by my group, so something i have been seeing but not sure about, been seeing stuff in the 20 to 50 mesh range, looks like gold (all nice and shiny on one side) i flip it over and it all a solid color, no shine to it at all. not sure how to find out its got any gold in the piece or if it's just a piece of pretty fake stuff. suggestions are welcomed on this.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
still working on the claim that is owned by my group, so something i have been seeing but not sure about, been seeing stuff in the 20 to 50 mesh range, looks like gold (all nice and shiny on one side) i flip it over and it all a solid color, no shine to it at all. not sure how to find out its got any gold in the piece or if it's just a piece of pretty fake stuff. suggestions are welcomed on this.

My first go to is a simple color test. Wave your hand over the particles in question while in full light. Gold has a gold color both in full and shaded light. If the particles lose their color when shaded then they are not gold.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
finally back from the gold claim, brought back 16 sand bags of material:

before unloading:
before unloading.jpg

after unloading:
after unloading.jpg

this should keep me busy for several months.

i jury rigged a gold separator that has already found some gold from material i had previously gone through. should work good on this stuff.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Enjoy the madness!

PS it’s “Jerry rigged” not jury rigged (it’s an emphasis to the patched together gear the Germans were trying make work at the end of WW2.)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy the madness!

PS it’s “Jerry rigged” not jury rigged (it’s an emphasis to the patched together gear the Germans were trying make work at the end of WW2.)

nope Jury and rigged are both nautical terms that predate the Slang for German association due to ww1 era carrying over to ww2

there is an actual term "jury rigged"

it is not what "Jerry " built

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nope Jury and rigged are both nautical terms that predate the Slang for German association due to ww1 era carrying over to ww2

there is an actual term "jury rigged"

it is not what "Jerry " built

Oh wow, good to know! Thanks!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then there's the niggard version that's always taken the wrong way. Niggard = Miserly person.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Then there's the niggard version that's always taken the wrong way. Niggard = Miserly person.

Interesting to learn. You got me to look up a definition and indeed, I found this: The words niggard and niggardly are sometimes misinterpreted as racial slurs because they sound like the highly offensive word ******. However, niggard dates back to Middle English. The first element nygg-, nig- was borrowed from a Scandinavian source, and -ard is a pejorative suffix. The English word niggardly is a modern English formation from niggard. Therefore these two words are not etymologically related to ******.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting to learn. You got me to look up a definition and indeed, I found this: The words niggard and niggardly are sometimes misinterpreted as racial slurs because they sound like the highly offensive word ******. However, niggard dates back to Middle English. The first element nygg-, nig- was borrowed from a Scandinavian source, and -ard is a pejorative suffix. The English word niggardly is a modern English formation from niggard. Therefore these two words are not etymologically related to ******.

the offensive word is a derivative of a yiddish word that simply means Black.

It was the name for a gnome like creature from folklore... interesting how it carried over in to Northern European languages.

I have a Pennsylvania Dutch cook book from My grandma. That has drawings in it. With the Gnomes and their names.

Was originally a name used by Europeans as they came across more people from the Southern Hemisphere. Broadly describing darker complected people. Then was corrupted into a vulgar term.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread