Aussie Gold Hunters

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love that show i recommend it

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mixed reviews..I couldn't get through the first episode, which is saying something (given my interest in gold mining).
Waay too cookbook cookie cutter recipe (from GR).
Even down to the scene showing the guy running towards the screen plant yelling.. "shut it down!..shut it down!" Right before he flips the breaker switch.

Or the scene where they are towing the screen plant down a hill and there is huge concern if the brakes are going to hold it back...if they don't make this turn...good grief!

Uncanny how they are able to mimic the sounds, narrative, effects, ect. EXACTLY.

Last edited:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
for just walking around and swinging...they do alright and seem to be able to actually make a living detecting!
now the skin crisping temperatures and anything else out in the gold fields will kill you in a heartbeat, theres the down side

comparing that to sitting here watching the snow fall down...I'd be there in a heartbeat

I like the show

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one and Yukon gold are good

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The giant potato nugget they got in the last season just blows my mind. Holy dog, you can spend an entire lifetime metal detecting for gold and still not find anything as big as that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread