Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
safe_image.php

Exactly! This whole thing is BIZARRE!! Do I hear Twilight Zone music in the background?:dontknow:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beeing the optimist i am,i was wondering if crafty Dredgers are able to convert the aircompressor in to a breathing apparatus. Aka the big bottleneck

I thought of this but you would need some pretty good filter media the virus is supposed to be damned tiny, getting any protection from an N95 is a joke. I wonder if an NBC gas mask filter would work.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why isnt anyone talking about the 97% that dont die???

Chub

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought of this but you would need some pretty good filter media the virus is supposed to be damned tiny, getting any protection from an N95 is a joke. I wonder if an NBC gas mask filter would work.

It's not about protection.It's about the percentage of people that develope severe case of interstitial pneumonia.Basically you can't breathe properly .In severe cases you need breathing apparatus..and there is the problem.
Because the virus is new we don't have immunity.Plus the virus is very contagious.These 2 things together mean that a pandemic outbreak without control would result in millions of people having the virus at the same time.If one million people get it at the same time and let's say 3% of them develope severe Pneumonia ..you need 30000breathing apparatus..AKA bottleneck.

Do the math for the whole usa.
The really lucky one are the first infected people that can profit from a still working sanitary system.
In italy now the doctors have to decide who gets to live and who not.Who's respirator worthy.A nightmare for doctors and nurses.

Goldwasher ,thats a nice chart,but if we add context to it..i mean ebola..if it wasn't contained we would be screwd.Also sars and mers was contained at some point.But this one we failed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly! This whole thing is BIZARRE!! Do I hear Twilight Zone music in the background?:dontknow:

Ouf course -even if i believe that this virus is from nature-that does not mean that some people or gov's aren't happy to use the situation for whatever fit's theire agenda.
But the first failure in this case lies in the fact that every past and present Gov of this world knew this was going to -happen.Every Gov of this world has scientific advisors,virologists,epidemiologists etc. that pretty much told the decision makers it would come. And they did nothing to be prepared.No vaccines,no production of critical medical ressources in everyone's own country.
The nature of a pandemic is that it comes at the same time worldwide. I mean,would you outsource the Production of toiletpaper to another country?Hellno!What if the other country has a cholera epidemic?Or you have a disput with them.They would have you totally by the crown jewels.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not about protection.It's about the percentage of people that develope severe case of interstitial pneumonia.Basically you can't breathe properly .In severe cases you need breathing apparatus..and there is the problem.
Because the virus is new we don't have immunity.Plus the virus is very contagious.These 2 things together mean that a pandemic outbreak without control would result in millions of people having the virus at the same time.If one million people get it at the same time and let's say 3% of them develope severe Pneumonia ..you need 30000breathing apparatus..AKA bottleneck.

Do the math for the whole usa.
The really lucky one are the first infected people that can profit from a still working sanitary system.
In italy now the doctors have to decide who gets to live and who not.Who's respirator worthy.A nightmare for doctors and nurses.

Goldwasher ,thats a nice chart,but if we add context to it..i mean ebola..if it wasn't contained we would be screwd.Also sars and mers was contained at some point.But this one we failed.

You are quoting everything that is in the news and you say we failed. What you fail to mention is that this china virus is 10x more contagious and moves very fast.
Obviously nothing in the world has helped contain it once it has gotten in.
Americans will make it and in the end we will have a better system and closed borders.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are quoting everything that is in the news and you say we failed. What you fail to mention is that this china virus is 10x more contagious and moves very fast.
Obviously nothing in the world has helped contain it once it has gotten in.
Americans will make it and in the end we will have a better system and closed borders.

well yes i said it's very contagious.What i want to say is that it is not to be taken to lightly.All countrys will make It.I hope you don,t think this is some sort of Usa bashing ,because it seems you are quickly retiring in to the defense mode.All failed to be prepared .Better now then later we can learn something.All the best.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well yes i said it's very contagious.What i want to say is that it is not to be taken to lightly.All countrys will make It.I hope you don,t think this is some sort of Usa bashing ,because it seems you are quickly retiring in to the defense mode.All failed to be prepared .Better now then later we can learn something.All the best.

:occasion18::censored:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Worth noting that WHO has said if China had been honest and transparent in January we would have had 95% containment world wide.China owns this pandemic and purposefully caused all nations to fail. China is the why we failed. I am not mad at you at all.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the first failure in this case lies in the fact that every past and present Gov of this world knew this was going to -happen.Every Gov of this world has scientific advisors,virologists,epidemiologists etc. that pretty much told the decision makers it would come. And they did nothing to be prepared.No vaccines,no production of critical medical ressources in everyone's own country..

Human beings are stupid and ignorant of history. The same thing happened with the Spanish Flu, a lot of things happening right now are eerily similar - low mortality, people not taking it seriously because of previous flu epidemics. It's when it mutated into a deadlier strain later on that it started killing millions. I'm already assuming the worse and am prepared that this will happen. Find a place to ride out the coming storm guys, if the flu doesn't get you the rampaging riots and societal collapse will. I'm glad I got into gold prospecting just in time because I already know someplace to hide out in the Sierras in the worst case scenario.

-jMNzWAB4mfJ4wCz7qk0akyv_wX3wokpuDW16oYkHF0.png

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1.5 billion people in China. essentially hardly anyone died.

25% of Italy is over 60 about half are over 40

the hospitals there suck.

just as many people here are affected yearly and severely by complications of virus.

this year they just gave it a name and put it all over the news.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

just as many people here are affected yearly and severely by complications of virus.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1584631823.265823.jpg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How about some of that science?

As physicians and researchers have seen since the start of the outbreak, many infected people never become sick.

So far about 86% of the people infected never show any symptoms.

The fatality rate in people who have symptoms of the disease caused by the new coronavirus is about 1.4%.

Applied to all the people infected whether they show symptoms or not that adds up to a death rate of 0.22% - yep less than 1/4 of 1 percent - about twice the death rate of the common flu.

The chance of someone infected and showing symptoms dying varied by age, confirming other studies. For those aged 15 to 44, the fatality rate was 0.5%, though it might have been as low as 0.1% or as high as 1.3%. For people 45 to 64, the fatality rate was also 0.5%, with a possible low of 0.2% and a possible high of 1.1%. For those over 64, it was 2.7%, with a low and high estimate of 1.5% and 4.7%.

The chance of serious illness from coronavirus infection in younger people was so low, the scientists estimate a fatality rate of zero.

These numbers are dropping as the infection spreads. It's always that way with new viruses. The numbers above are from Wuhan where the infection started and was most infectious.

Heavy Science

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hospitals in Italy really suck.But these case have to be added to the normal flu deaths.My brother and my girl are immunesuppressed.Also i have a 94 old grandma motherside and a 83 year old dad.Do i want to risk them going trough the test?
You are right,it's arguable how deadly this virus really is,because we don't have the number of total infected people.
But her's the next indicator.South-switzerland is now reaching the limit of free beds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some of that science?

As physicians and researchers have seen since the start of the outbreak, many infected people never become sick.

So far about 86% of the people infected never show any symptoms.

The fatality rate in people who have symptoms of the disease caused by the new coronavirus is about 1.4%.

Applied to all the people infected whether they show symptoms or not that adds up to a death rate of 0.22% - yep less than 1/4 of 1 percent - about twice the death rate of the common flu.

The chance of someone infected and showing symptoms dying varied by age, confirming other studies. For those aged 15 to 44, the fatality rate was 0.5%, though it might have been as low as 0.1% or as high as 1.3%. For people 45 to 64, the fatality rate was also 0.5%, with a possible low of 0.2% and a possible high of 1.1%. For those over 64, it was 2.7%, with a low and high estimate of 1.5% and 4.7%.

The chance of serious illness from coronavirus infection in younger people was so low, the scientists estimate a fatality rate of zero.

These numbers are dropping as the infection spreads. It's always that way with new viruses. The numbers above are from Wuhan where the infection started and was most infectious.

Heavy Science

If the numbers provided by wuhan are correct .I really hope you are right.On the other side we have the facts of hospitals running out of beds.Only 160 left in Switzerland and casenumbers quickly rising.How do we deal with the facts?

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If everyone was infected. Something that has never ever happened before. This virus has no special trait that makes it worse than others.

The tests in South Korea of people presenting symptoms at hospital. Came back 4% Corona the other 96% were normal usual expected virus strains.

The Infection and mortality rates are only accurate in relation to tests given. The more they test as more cases are found the mortality rate will decrease. The infection rate will increase. However there will be thousands if not millions who will be infected. Never know it and might not even show symptoms beyond feeling like it is seasonal allergies.

If you go beyond the media chatter and look deeper all of these facts have been presented by people who deal with this daily.

If more people did that and shared the info. There might not be people on the intrawebs who share pointless memes that try to degrade someone who actually looks into stuff and has the right to comment on it.

The net positive is that people are seeing that embracing globalism has helped no one. Giving people around the world capitalism has helped many. But, Putting our supply chain at the hands of their leaders. Abolishing real borders allowed the spread.

Unfortunately we also get to see how many people in our own society are at an absolute loss if they aren't getting direction from someone.

The negative affects on our society will be long lasting. After the virus runs it's course. If the deaths are low(they will be). All any government has to do is claim it was their actions. That stopped it.

Even though you can't prove a negative they will run with it. I am just glad I saw this coming years ago and knew living in an Urban environment was going to be problematic for people in the future.

Agree with supply chain and stuff.BUT!What is your Take on why the all leaders of the world are united to shut down theyre own economy?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the numbers provided by wuhan are correct .I really hope you are right.On the other side we have the facts of hospitals running out of beds.Only 160 left in Switzerland and casenumbers quickly rising.How do we deal with the facts?

I'm just providing the known science.

As far as Switzerland they are reporting an infection rate as of today of 0.456 %.

I can't find any indication that they are out of beds nor can I find those figures anywhere but a few reddit posters. Are you in Switzerland? Is that why the beds is a fact to you?

Heavy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread