Battle of The Year 2020 - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Battle of The Year 2020

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10935 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    I am now.Specifically in south -switzerland the intensiv care beds are at the limit.
    Ah. So part of South Switzerland has few intensive care beds left. Thanks for clarifying that. It's good to have local information.

We have the same problem where I live. During the height of the winter season the retirees fill the hospitals to overflowing even though there are hospitals about every 4 miles. During the summer the hospitals are pretty much empty. Healthcare is one of the biggest businesses in the U.S. - nearly 20% of our economy. A lot of that money comes from retirees.

Here they just put portable beds in the hallways of the ICU and Critical Care units when it get to overflow.

I'm guessing with 289 hospitals in a country 2-300 miles from border to border it's a short drive to another Swiss hospital with more beds should they run out?

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10935 times
    Prospecting
    Where's the middlefinger icon?
    You asked for my "take on why the all leaders of the world are united to shut down theyre own economy? "

I gave you my take on that. You may not like the answer or you may disagree with my experience but that's really no reason to be offensive is it?

Anyway ...thanks for sharing your opinions.
    T.C. likes this.

Oct 2013
    western sahara
    729 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Ah. So part of South Switzerland has few intensive care beds left. Thanks for clarifying that. It's good to have local information.

We have the same problem where I live. During the height of the winter season the retirees fill the hospitals to overflowing even though there are hospitals about every 4 miles. During the summer the hospitals are pretty much empty. Healthcare is one of the biggest businesses in the U.S. - nearly 20% of our economy. A lot of that money comes from retirees.

Here they just put portable beds in the hallways of the ICU and Critical Care units when it get to overflow.

I'm guessing with 289 hospitals in a country 2-300 miles from border to border it's a short drive to another Swiss hospital with more beds should they run out?

Heavy Pans
    In this number are also included 50psychiatric clinics,50orthorehab etc.
    It,s the intensiv care beds that are running out

Oct 2013
    western sahara
    729 times
    It's only difficult to detect humor.like yours.
    Last edited by spaghettigold; Mar 19, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10935 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Underburden View Post
    It's bad enough to have 24-7 coverage on the TV but I was hoping to escape that by coming to TNET...nope, same armchair experts here on a gold forum. What a sorry state of affairs.
    I don't watch TV. Don't even own one. I'm sorry you feel overexposed.

It seems to me that "armchair experts" is just another way of disagreeing with an opinion. That's cool. Humans all have opinions and they rarely agree. We still can get along.

I don't know which armchair expert "opinion" you are objecting to. Do you have an opinion you would like to share? You are an experienced respected member here and elsewhere. Some of us might learn something from your ideas.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10935 times
    Prospecting
    It's only difficult to detect humor.like yours
    Yeah the internet is like that. We need vocal clues and facial expressions to really understand what another human means by what they write.

I intended no humor nor did I intend to offend. My apologies if you thought I was trying to joke or offend you.

Heavy Pans
    spaghettigold likes this.

Oct 2013
    western sahara
    729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Yeah the internet is like that. We need vocal clues and facial expressions to really understand what another human means by what they write.

I intended no humor nor did I intend to offend. My apologies if you thought I was trying to joke or offend you.

Heavy Pans
    I thought it was dry humour ,"enjoy the way down " so i added a dry ...
    No biggie -I apologize too.Like you said vocal clues and facial expressions would help.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    2014 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Gold Trump please do not insult members.

To all, please post by our rules, repeat offenders can lose the right to post. Substituting characters for letters to bypass censor still violates our rules just as if you typed it out, if you do so the post will be deleted not just edited.
    Thats funny my kids started that crap 2 years ago, so you didnt get the cherry.
    Gold Trump
    Makin America Great Again one grain at a time.
    Good luck
    Gt.....

us
    Dec 2016
    Colorado
    78 times
    Prospecting
    It's still mining as usual here till they put an essential personal only order in affect or ore prices tank. Just more man trips on the cage, went from a limit of 25 per deck to 5 per deck on the double deck man trip and a big box of spray bottles full of bleach in the dry to grab for sanitizing everything.

Also if history repeats it's self gold prices really didn't jump way up till a couple years after the 2008 crash. I'm thinking now is a good time to get a job at a gold mine before prices start to jump big time and the hiring craze starts.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31811 times
    Let's keep it cordial please.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    747 times
    Prospecting
    Just herd the one cruise ship that had Covid -19 on it, they tested surfaces and found it was infectious after 17 days wth, anybody herd that

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12610 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    One of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life was spending a winter in Brooklyn NY.

Wanna know why NY is a hot spot. 24k people per square mile. There is no such thing as social distancing.

Combine that with the average selfish attitude of most dense urban dwellers.. your gonna get a break out.

The overall population density of Italy is 205 people per square km In Lombardy the biggest breakout its over 400 people per square km.

one sixth of Italys population is there.

The average us population density is 91 people per square mile.

If only the media would spread helpful useful information vs. sky is falling hype.

Oct 2013
    western sahara
    729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    One of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life was spending a winter in Brooklyn NY.

Wanna know why NY is a hot spot. 24k people per square mile. There is no such thing as social distancing.

Combine that with the average selfish attitude of most dense urban dwellers.. your gonna get a break out.

The overall population density of Italy is 205 people per square km In Lombardy the biggest breakout its over 400 people per square km.

one sixth of Italys population is there.

The average us population density is 91 people per square mile.

If only the media would spread helpful useful information vs. sky is falling hype.
    Thats correct.But as a country ,you can't increase your square miles.
    The other problem is that that's where the industrie and the jobs are in italy.
    Add the high density building,Publict transport that the green city planning agenda wants to force on the world and it's only a matter of time a virus will wipe out millions.
    Like i said ,i have envy for the rurals . A lonely farmer is king now.
    Good on you you managed to act accordingly.
    Meanwhile all my prospecting plans are messed up since i have to take care of the high risk family members.
    Also i was prospecting in the adjacent countrys that have barring entrys
    I'm working in construction and we still have to work,There's no shutdown for us.
    Got my madam isolated in her appartment,same with my brother and grandmother.After work i do the groceries for me ,my dad ,my girl.Put on one of the few masks,gloves and deliver.
    The first case of corona appeared in the circle of my friends.
    The pregnant(8month) wife of my buddy got the virus.She only had 37.5 celsius of temperatur,severe weakness for 5days,dry cough and the typical loss of smell.She seems to recover now.
    This virus seems to have many faces,but it appears that pregnant young women ,as wyman in general are somehow more protected.
    Will have to feed of prospecting vids from youtube dang it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links