City Creeks. Potential or no?

Mar 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

New to the forum! Actually this is my first post :)

I am forever working and don't get a lot of free time but I really want to dive into gold panning a little more. I live Rockingham County in North Carolina. Since I am always working, I wanted to ask a question to some more experienced folks about finding gold in a creek that runs through the city. I have a creek literally next to my house and I've tried looking at old Fire Insurance Maps to see if the creek existed at the time of the maps (1700s and 1800s) but still came up empty. I don't know if that is a useful tactic but I thought it might give me some insight as to whether or not the creek was man-made or natural. I suppose it doesn't really matter if its connected to a larger natural source but I really don't know.

Anyhow, would it be worthwhile for me to hunt a small creek running through the heart of a small town (Reidsville, NC). If anyone wants to look, you can see the creek by going to Google Earth and typing in the search bar "Courtland Park, Reidsville NC) and you will see a small creek running through the park. and continuing on to connect to a larger creek known as Little Troublesome.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "Carolina Gold belt" and it shows you where gold was found. I would test pan the creek for sure, especially right behind the house.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a panner so not much help but welcome to the forum! There are plenty who can give you advice, good luck.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pan it! If for no other reason you can become a panner. Every operation from behind the house to the large big corp operation start with a pan

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'd LOVE to get a LARGE dredge into the Mississippi / Misouri Rivers . I've seen gold come from both River's and ...........well let your imagination run with it! Now to win either the Power Ball or Mega Ball & hire a crew to geterdone cause I cant anymore !:BangHead::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread