Claim Question

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
If the claim is in California, the claim fees are due in September of 2020. That claim owner still has time to pay.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
If your in California the BLM does not always have current info.
You need to check with the county.
I'm not an expert on this others might chime in.
Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
If your in California the BLM does not always have current info.
You need to check with the county.
I'm not an expert on this others might chime in.
Mike

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was looking at Land Matters and seen a claim near me that has not been paid in 2020. Can I claim that. It had been active since 2010. It is very near to where I live and would be handy if there is good gold there. It was a producing area back in the gold rush days.

The 2020 mining year began on September 1 of 2019. If the fees and filings weren't current by that date the claim would be abandoned and probably closed currently. Look at the linked serial register page from the Land Matters map and see if there are any entries after last September 1. It could be a mistake or in dispute.

You need to be careful though. The California BLM has very outdated files. It could be the claim was refiled or already claimed again and you might not see that reflected in the BLM files for months or even more. It's also possible there are other senior claims stacked in the same location. I'll be updating the Land Matters Mining Claims Maps within the next hour or so, check to see if BLM is showing a new location there yet.

It would be prudent to search the County Records and put some boots on the ground to check for new or updated monuments before you begin staking.

I hope you found a good one. It's still out there. Go get u sum! :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I will check it out more closely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread