San Juan Capistrano, Orange county.

Goldencody

Apr 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has any info on cool finds around the Ortegas or anywhere in south oc. I myself have find a small amount of gold and a lot of very clear small garnets. I've talked to a local geologist who had tracked down an old gold mine in lucas canyon so if anyone would like to exchange local info I would love the help:) maybe well both learn something

Upvote 0

uknat

May 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello. I've done a good amount of research on the gold prospects in Lucas Canyon, and can probably point you to where the small mine is. I got interested in this area after seeing a photo of a quartz crystal, more interesting than gold to me :). Would love to see pictures of your garnets if you're will to share. (clear is very unusual!)

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Elsinore on the other side of 74. Drove the road for many years. I've been wanting to visit Lucas canyon for a while now. Access is the pr
oblem, the road leading to the canyon also has that quarry which keeps the access gate locked. Only other way i know of is the trail across from the old hotspring bathhouse which travels along the spine of the mountain, would be a really long long hike, than you would have descend into the canyon. If you don't mind telling, did you pull the gold out of San Juan creek?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread