OP
OP
M

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed, you know lots more today than you did two days ago?

They did a flyover? So they brought their helicopter over from Spain and tested your property? What kind of data did they give you?

You originally said that this was similar to the seismic survey that I provide, it's definitely not. You also said that the cost is $20k - $60k per hectare. That's a massive cost since most claims here are 20 hectares. That means they would charge between $400k and $1.2 million for a single claim. That is a lot of money. You could do a very detailed geochem program for that with reliable results.

Minerrick1

Greenie
Apr 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mulletator, I talked with the guy from Spain, and I didn't remember exactly the cost but it was very expensive. They offered a demo of 10 acres and it was interesting, but without the depth aspect it was meaninless. Reed only knows what I told him, and the conversation I had with the guy was 6 months ago and I don't exactly remember the price. But I do know they didn't fly their helicopter over the claim, they did it remotely. One of these days I will contact some of the references he offered and talk with them to see what their results were.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said it was my property...
A hectar is 2.4 acres, so most claims would be less than 10... I've put what I learned on here about the survey. Originally I figured it was satellite because... so yes, I have learned a lot and posted what I found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Minerrick1, the M2 technology sounds cool but from what I can tell it will give a rough indication of potential gold-bearing areas. It would be cool for broad area reconnaissance if it's cost-effective. I'm going to read up on it some more, it's always cool to hear about new technologies.

I was really skeptical of the seismic system when I first heard about it. I didn't even think it was possible at first, then as I did more research it sounded really good. Now we have the system and it's awesome.

So what did you guys settle on in the end? There's no known technology that will actually show you where gold is and the depth other than actual drilling. Geophysical techniques such as magnetometry, IP, and EM can help you hone in on source rocks that may or may not contain gold. But to my knowledge, nothing can actually see gold in any meaningful way, let alone the depth.

Minerrick1

Greenie
Apr 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend who we did it for doesn't have the money to spend on the process. And to think about it, I think the price was something like $60k to do a pretty big area, but it was too much of a risk for my friend to try. Not to mention they don't have any english speaking references, and communicating via google translate sucks. So in that particular applilcation, it is a non-starter. I may contact the spanish speaking guy again to see if anyone in his office or one of his customers speaks english so I can see how it actually works and get more feedback. Or perhaps maybe you should contact them and report back, since it appears you understand the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions