406Gold

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2020
Detector(s) used
Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone,

This is my first full season of prospecting. I started late last season without much luck.

I first started finding gold last year on the outside bend (yes I know wrong area) and stuck with that spot, thinking there wasn't much else in the area.

Yesterday I came back to that area for the first time this season, and I was digging about 1 foot under the overburden about 20 feet from where I was digging last year, and found about 80% more in a 1 hour dig than I did in all 4 months I started prospecting last year. Go figure right?

Here is a picture of what I found digging for an hour, and then sending it through my sluice, which was running way to slow. It wasn't running fast enough to clear everything off the punch plate, and screener without help from my fingers, however I managed.

Sorry for the low quality image.

Thoughts?

20200422_142748.jpg

Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If your catching all the gold in the first few riffles (as opposed to the last few) thats ideal. Might even consider; increasing volume & perhaps pitch some to move debris through quicker..... evaluate results from clean up. Nice gold by the way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions