A non political post..With the big deficits that the virus is building in our economy

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mining minerals(creating real money that didn't exist before) will be more important than ever, at least since the Great Depression any way.
Gold and Silver production will be a big factor in the long term recovery.
We need to make sure to promote the idea to our government entities that if it isn't grown, it has to be mined to live.
Relax all the restrictions NOW.
Sorry for the rant, cabin fever is getting the better of me right now, I need dirt(see my signature)!!!! :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are no restrictions on mining. It's officially designated an essential industry.

If you aren't working a job you might as well be mining. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mining minerals(creating real money that didn't exist before) will be more important than ever, at least since the Great Depression any way.
Gold and Silver production will be a big factor in the long term recovery.
We need to make sure to promote the idea to our government entities that if it isn't grown, it has to be mined to live.

I understand where you are coming from and would like to agree....BUT. Unfortunately the last thing the government wants is for people/public to take any interest in gold, they'd like gold to be "off the radar" completely if they had their way. Once the public realizes the dollar is backed by nothing more than "faith" and realize PM's are true wealth, then the printed "faith" paper ponzi scheme will start to burst? Once Nixon quit backing the dollar in '72 (?) with gold then the inflation/price of gold started it's climb. WHEN the ponzi scheme starts to tumble it's gonna get real interesting....(jmo)

I like to look at it like back when gold was $30/ozt it took about 30 ozt to buy a bare bones PU truck....nowdays @ 17,000 ozt it takes about 30 ozt to buy a PU truck...….nothing has changed except the devaluation or your paper dollars.....?????

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't see waisting my fuel n food to go out prospectin only to come back with a goose egg or 2 crumbs.
We aren't working don't have money to burn or throw away.
Paycheck to paycheck here boys the gold went to fund the minin trips so no savings.

If I told the wife I was going mining right now she would crown me with a iron skillet.

Heck this is the absolute best time for Murphy to show up, break leg, bone sticking out have to go to hospital geter fixed...

If you can afford it I guess go for it, all though the man did say stay home.
Gt....

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There are no restrictions on mining"

You sure about that?

I took the comment to mean loosen up environmental regulations and prohibitions that were in place prior to economic meltdown

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"There are no restrictions on mining"

You sure about that?

I took the comment to mean loosen up environmental regulations and prohibitions that were in place prior to economic meltdown

I was referring to the "lockdown" of most jobs in the United States due to the bat flu. Mining is not restricted or locked down. Mike was complaining of "cabin fever". My comment was meant to assure prospectors and miners they can go dig dirt.

The Department of Homeland Security considers mining among 16 critical infrastructure industries that "have a special responsibility in these times to continue operations."

In its March 28 "Guidance on the essential critical infrastructure workforce," the Department of Homeland Security said "workers necessary for mining and production of critical minerals, materials and associated essential supply chains" should be part of the critical workforce that maintains their work schedules to aid in the United States' response to the coronavirus outbreak.

This includes workers engaged in the manufacture and maintenance of equipment and other infrastructure necessary for mining production and distribution.

The Feds can only strongly suggest that their guidelines be followed. Here in Arizona the Governor specifically excluded mining industries, and most others, from the restrictions. Mining and it's related activities are legally considered "essential services" by both the fed and state government in Arizona.

This is true of most, if not all, states. In California I strongly suggest you hide out inside and wear protective bunny suits with protective "social distancing" horns tied to your head. It's not going to help you survive the horrible flu but it makes me smile knowing a lot of people would do it if they thought it was "official". It reminds me of Jackalopes and other imaginary dangers.

A-Jackalope.jpg

The United States (excluding California, Oregon and New York) is one of the least restrictive mining countries on earth. If folks want less restrictive mining they need to look to their state legislators and stop blaming the Feds for the state's failure to facilitate mining.

Heavy Pans

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Federal Reserve is no more. It is now merged into the Treasury Department. Not since JFK...

Next steps? Revaluing of the dollar and a gold standard. Manufacturing brought back to America. Oil independent. The rising tide will raise all boats. The global cabal is being put on notice.

Heading to Northern Nevada for 2 weeks in May to prospect. For us it is a welcome relief. Very excited to get away from it all.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The Federal Reserve is no more. It is now merged into the Treasury Department. Not since JFK...

Next steps? Revaluing of the dollar and a gold standard. Manufacturing brought back to America. Oil independent. The rising tide will raise all boats. The global cabal is being put on notice.

Heading to Northern Nevada for 2 weeks in May to prospect. For us it is a welcome relief. Very excited to get away from it all.

You gonna sink a shaft or tractor minin.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You gonna sink a shaft or tractor minin.

Good question. The caliche layer is only a few feet down so we are scraping along that. Rye Patch has some secrets the locals know about. They finally trust us enough to show what they have learned over 4 generations lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread