Quartz banks, worth it? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Quartz banks, worth it?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    773 times
    Prospecting
    Instead of a detector would a good pin pointer be a good tool for him ? Good luck Antmath.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    5331 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Antmath View Post
    Hello guys. My title may seem a bit confusing but I will explain what I mean. As I have already said I live in Greece in a small volcanic island. There is a mountain which is known that it holds gold but nobody has searched for it. I have tried gold prospecting but I had no luck till now. Anyway, I came up with an idea that it looks to be more easy for me to put in action. I am thinking of going back there and collect some quartz pieces, break them and shred them until they become almost dust and then pan them. Do I have any chance of finding gold with that way or I am going to waste my free time? Also, is there a chance of a quartz piece to hold gold In it and not being able to spot it without break the quartz?

I am asking all this stuff because that particular mountain is holding gold on its top as I have read In some researches. That's why I suppose that if I find quartz on its top there are some great chances to hold gold in them. Also, as I have seen in museums mainly the mountain holds many kinds of quartz, purple, green, white etc.

Please guys I need your help. Thanks in advance.
    I've been prospecting a mountain near an old inactive gold mine that I call quartz mountain because I have never seen so much quartz in one area. Quartz boulders taller than I am and 6' or more in diameter, also float quartz everywhere, and huge weathered outcrops 100's of yards long and 6-12' wide.

Problem is, I have crushed and sampled for months now and not one speck of gold to be found not even down deep in the black sand rich washes, some of the quartz looked so promising with vugs and iron staining and plenty of crusty decomposition also known as rotten quartz but not a speck of gold. In other areas the quartz is just milky and solid also known as bull quartz and not really worth pursuing.

To answer your question "Quartz banks,worth it?"
    Until you actually discover gold in or around the quartz all you have is hard work and nothing to show for it.
    Just like black sand being an indicator. Just because you find some it doesn't mean a thing unless you hit some pay.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jun 14, 2020 at 10:13 PM.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    2090 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    I've been prospecting a mountain near an old inactive gold mine that I call quartz mountain because I have never seen so much quartz in one area. Quartz boulders taller than I am and 6' or more in diameter, also float quartz everywhere, and huge weathered outcrops 100's of yards long and 6-12' wide.

Problem is, I have crushed and sampled for months now and not one speck of gold to be found not even down deep in the black sand rich washes, some of the quartz looked so promising with vugs and iron staining and plenty of crusty decomposition also known as rotten quartz but not a speck of gold. In other areas the quartz is just milky and solid also known as bull quartz and not really worth pursuing.

To answer your question "Quartz banks,worth it?"
    Until you actually discover gold in or around the quartz all you have is hard work and nothing to show for it.
    Just like black sand being an indicator. Just because you find some it doesn't mean a thing unless you hit some pay.

GG~
    I learned to rely more on my miners lens for hard Rock prospecting.
    Gt...

Mar 2016
    4700 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    I learned to rely more on my miners lens for hard Rock prospecting.
    Gt...
    I picked up some quartz from a pile of ore...looked at many pieces and never saw a speck of gold...GB2 didnít pick up any signal...yet when a tennis ball size rock was crushed, there was a nice smile in the leading edge of the pan.

Was a good lesson for me.

That pile of ore is still piled up waiting for me I think.
    I should just plunk down the cash for a crusher/mill/table and get to work.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links