New to this

Darewsta

May 1, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a fellow Carolinian! I live S.Central, dig/pan/detect most anywhere I have permission or the public places that allow. Uwharrie is a good place to pan/detect if you can find the right spots and they do allow most hand tool methods, definitely no dredgers or machinery. I have heard that the streams and tributaries around Badin Lake area have produced some good finds recently. Mostly areas downstream of the Midway, Lexington and Randleman Historic gold mine areas still have a good rep for gold and some say even a few small NC diamonds (very rare) also. They have a very distinct texture and you really would have to know where and what you’re looking for.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a drive, but if you want to learn faster, spend a weekend at Vein Mountain LDMA camp. This video shows all of the different types of mining that you can do there, and there are always members ready to show you and your family everything about it.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anybody could possibly know where to start looking for places to pan around the raleigh nc area. Tried the uwharrie forest but just dint know enough ppl or places to go.
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might take a look at Forum: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions