County sells land and then 'quietly' changes property line boundaries

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so what happened?
Jim

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title to the thread is misleading. Assessors office does not have the authority to change property boundaries.

I wonder if this has to do with a tax lien sale? Hopefully the buyers purchased title insurance (which I doubt).

It’s not entirely unheard of for old deeds to have legal descriptions that conflict with themselves.
Especially parcels described by aliquot description. Sometimes this can be resolved by going back and tracing the chain of title to see if a scriveners mistake occurred at some point.

Banks and mortgage companies are notoriously involved in these types of errors. Sometimes you only have to go back a few years to find where the description got changed.

It’s possible the Assessors office was involved in a tax lien sale and discovered the error when it came time to index the property for tax purposes after the sale and didn’t mention anything to anybody. I suppose that could be the scandal part.

But ya video dated Nov. 2018....has it gotten resolved yet?

Last edited:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had purchased a property at the tax auction on the courthouse steps, but my deed was inadvertently assigned to someone else. The city had to secure a quit claim deed from that party or face my Title Insurance company for a substantial sum. Everything was fixed in a matter of ten days. It works wonders when they are confronted by an aggressive law firm representing a title insurance company. If you're going to a gunfight, don't be the one that shows up holding a knife, otherwise they will place you in a not so nice place.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had purchased a property at the tax auction on the courthouse steps, but my deed was inadvertently assigned to someone else. The city had to secure a quit claim deed from that party or face my Title Insurance company for a substantial sum. Everything was fixed in a matter of ten days. It works wonders when they are confronted by an aggressive law firm representing a title insurance company. If you're going to a gunfight, don't be the one that shows up holding a knife, otherwise they will place you in a not so nice place.

I’m often confused how any person of sound mind could assume any government structure is there with true intentions of helping them. Hell you can’t even buy something for tens of thousands of dollars without having to protect yourself from them.

Fight that good fight.

hoyshirmr

Jul 2, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the issue concerns the house, in such cases it must be resolved quickly and immediately. I just remember how my aunt bought a house on credit, and then the crisis of 2008 broke out and I had to give the house to a bank. Very sad.

monicaw

Jul 24, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I was looking for insurance for real estate. And I was refused to get insurance for a mortgage! I`ve rummaged through the entire internet, but I have found no solutions... It is tough to find a service that might take all the stressful and complicated things with bank and insurance on their shoulders and let you get what you want. That is so annoying and causes lots of losses. Thanks God, I managed to find great guys who helped me with all that stuff, who will save money and time. Lumina has got a house and lot for sale. Check it, who knows, maybe this will help you, I hope it will:)

Last edited:

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought several hundred acres back in the 80's. The calls were "meets, bounds, chains and large rocks. House on the property was built in 1824 .Problem was the blue print was in 2 pieces and the right hand side was flipped. Had a heck of time with the surveyor and county.A prominent politician owned next to me and his deed said his line came to the center of the highway. Well the highway was fairly new and the "old" highway was his line, about 120 feet off the new road. Gotta watch some people, especially if you ain't from their neck 'o the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread