Gold is at 1808 plus per troy ounce - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Gold is at 1808 plus per troy ounce

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1060 times
    Prospecting
    Last time I was there I got 6grams , remember I have been going there since 1995 during the big flood. That flood changed the way I though were the gold was and thus my journey into working the high benches. My suggestion to you is the next time you are there picture the river being about 18 to 20ft high and work the ground from that level and up, you know that big monster rock in the river, I start perpendicular to it. I know that area is over grown so be prepared to clear some brush, there is still virgin ground there.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    708 times
    Prospecting
    Yea that brush above the normal flood mark is really nasty. I hadnít even considered going that high.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1060 times
    Prospecting
    That is were it is, it wasn't there after the big flood but threw the years it grew back, the higher you go the more ancient the deposit is. As you know there is a ledge up there and even more powerful floods created that and there is gold in that bench to.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    708 times
    Prospecting
    Yea that brush above the normal flood mark is really nasty. I hadnít even considered going that high.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    76 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Take a leave, if you can hold your job. Married? children? live off the grid, RV or Outfitters tent. Just you, you have it made, if not can be a lot to contend with. When I was in the RV business in Wyoming, I had 2 couples stop in the early Spring, from New Orleans. They had a claim in Idaho, this was their second year.They told me they planned to get over 1 Mi$$ion this year, and it was 1978. Go figure, price of gold. I was very interested and we talked for over an hour. I had $$$ and youth at the time, and was thinking about buying in and furnish some muscle and equipment. They were driving hydraulic trucks, wives were in 4x4's pulling campers.
    Would've, should've,could've. BUT at the time I was knocking out a lotta $$. Looking back, MAYBE, I might have made my first Mi$$ion sooner.
    I'm where I am because of the choices I've made. ****the fork in the road, pave it , put in utilities and build a sub-division. Put it on paper and weigh the +- for 5 years
    Oh yea, they stopped by the following year as I asked them to do, and yes they were Mi$$ionaires. Way to go kids. I say kids, they looked to be in their late 20's.
    OwenT and Reed Lukens like this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    708 times
    Prospecting
    I certainly wouldn't want to work like that for a living, but just for this summer while I don't have any obligations I think it would be a fun way to make a little cash. I need to get out there and look more but one thing that's distracting me is mineral collecting. Been going all over looking for different crystals.
    et1955 and Reed Lukens like this.

us
    Jun 2020
    Nebraska
    Nokta Simplex Fisher F70
    135 times
    i remember when it was only about $180 in the mid-'70's.

A little story for you about my crazy Uncle Bob. He worked in an asbestos silo spinning the stuff for years before contracting mesothelioma and losing half his lungs. When I went in to see him in the hospital, I expected to find a somber man, but he was all smiles because he was awarded 1.3 million dollars. I couldn't believe he was so happy and asked him what he was going to do after losing 1/2 of his lungs? He looked at me and said, "Look at me, I am a fat guy with no education, do you really think I was planning on starting up jogging"?

Anyway, i bring it up because crazy Bob always carried around a bag of gold nuggets from that day forward. They were normally 2-3 ounces in size and he would travel around the country leaving them behind as tips. I watched him leave a nugget behind after we had some pie at a diner. I asked him why he left gold instead of cash? He told me because a waitress will tell her friends about the day she received a large cash tip, but she will tell her grandchildren about the time she received a chunk of gold. In Bob's view, it made him immortal and to some degree it did as I still enjoy telling that story.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    5441 times
    Dang ET you sure dont mind spilling the beans. lol
    I thought keeping highbenches a secret was like a magician not telling how the magic tricks worked.

Well, too late now, the cats out of the bag
    et1955 and OwenT like this.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1060 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    Dang ET you sure dont mind spilling the beans. lol
    I thought keeping highbenches a secret was like a magician not telling how the magic tricks worked.

Well, too late now, the cats out of the bag
    What was shared to me by the old timers I share with the younglings, besides that I have secrete places far more richer LOl

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12757 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    $58 for pure gold. No one is gonna buy placer at that price except a collector. Not jewelers ,pawn shops or gold buyers.
    Clay Diggins and russau like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links