Gold is at 1808 plus per troy ounce
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Gold is at 1808 plus per troy ounce

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1316 times
    Prospecting

Gold is at 1808 plus per troy ounce

That equates to just 58$ per gram, maybe time to rethink working my job or go mining. I get 35$ per hour where I work but when I mine I average a gram an hour here in Washington state but on my claims in N. California I average 4 grams an hour and that is just sluicing or panning. What would you do ?
    Goodyguy, 1637, OwenT and 1 others like this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2296 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by et1955 View Post
    That equates to just 58$ per gram, maybe time to rethink working my job or go mining. I get 35$ per hour where I work but when I mine I average a gram an hour here in Washington state but on my claims in N. California I average 4 grams an hour and that is just sluicing or panning. What would you do ?
    If you're averaging 4 grams an hour that's dang good, I'd be wherever that is right now..
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5284 times
    What about a long vacation and then decide what to do ? BUT $35. per hr. plus benefits , vacation and that $35. comes all year long , rain ,snow , ETC......... your gold streak may peter out at some point !

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    6410 times
    Russ is right! Do both. Mining does not pay into SS benefits or unemployment insurance, or pay year round. but it can be tax free (shhh)
    $35 an hour jobs are hard to come by. You can always go mining during your off time and add that $58 an hour to your steady income while the pay streak lasts and the sun shines.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jul 09, 2020 at 08:26 AM.

Feb 2014
    2314 times
    I remember when I couldn't wait for gold to hit $481 ozt.....
    Never confuse motion with progress

Illegitimi non carborundum

Mar 2016
    5187 times
    Your $35/hr job may actually be closer to $60/hr if you have decent benefits. Personally Iíd try and take off 2 days and do a 4 day weekend on the claim every once in awhile. 60 grains an hour average panning is really good in my opinion.

Saw a red fox run across the road by the gate on the road to your claim last time I drove by. Probably heading down to look for mice at the cabin.
    Reed Lukens and SDBanks like this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    296 times
    Prospecting
    Man, a lot of us want a claim that produces 4 grams an hr. Heck, some of us are HAPPY with 4 grams for the day. But, you cant go work it due to a great $35hr job. That deffinatly makes the choice difficult. I'd have to agree with staying at the day job. But, I'd be dreaming of being on the claim all day. That to me is the definition of torture.... Sell the claim to me and end this madness!

bug

Jun 2008
    Nor Cal
    366 times
    Gold is spotty, inconsistent, doesn't always follow the "rules" and good streaks ALWAYS run out at some point.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
    4303 times
    Metal Detecting
    If it were me I'd follow the advice of those who say "Don't quit your day job"

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81478 times
    What would I do if I were you ? ? ?

I wouldn't quit your day job. heh
    russau, Goodyguy, gunsil and 2 others like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    What would I do if I were you ? ? ?

I wouldn't quit your day job. heh
    sheesh I just read that I was not the only response that stemmed from reality.

Work weeks... mine weekends... have fun
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Mar 2016
    5187 times
    If you really feel seriously conflicted...find a job in that nice little town you drive through when you leave the valley heading for your claim...sell your house...quit your job...buy a new house...then mine every weekend AND work a full time job. That would be a dream wouldn't it? Entirely possible probably.

Be 40 minute drive from your house to the claim.
    russau, AARC and Reed Lukens like this.

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    If you really feel seriously conflicted...find a job in that nice little town you drive through when you leave the valley heading for your claim...sell your house...quit your job...buy a new house...then mine every weekend AND work a full time job. That would be a dream wouldn't it? Entirely possible probably.

Be 40 minute drive from your house to the claim.
    AND you might just hire some kids to do the work for you! Let them gather the material and you go get the raw material and process it on weekends! BEST of both worlds!

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    6410 times
    Wish I lived close by. Since I am retired I could work the claim full time and give you a 50/50 split which would get you to $64 an hour.
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jul 09, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
    AARC, Bow, gunsil and 2 others like this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    777 times
    Prospecting
    Ed, do you mean you get 1 g/hr at RR? Last time I was there I panned for a solid hour or hour and a half and got .01 g
    Reed Lukens likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links