Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where we concentrate our efforts out in Rye Patch, NV one can find gold with just basic tools. Certainly enough gold to eke out a living and even some extra.

If we enter a major depression I’m curious if there would be a push for people to head to the gold fields? We’d be willing of course to open some of our claims just to help out. If one is willing to dig and with gold at $1800 money can be made.

We prospect in areas of Nevada that once had towns of thousands. Now there is nobody. Could those towns partially revive to support people scratching for gold? Or are we beyond those days?

No idea what the future holds economically. Thinking worse-case scenario for this discussion.

Chuck

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three of the biggest gold rushes in the US were 1) the big push starting 1848, 2) The Great Depression and 3) Nixon's gold Bugaboo in 1971

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making decisions when one is hungry, broke and desperate can always lead down dirt roads to Rye Patch, Nevada. Gold, at $1800 an ounce definitely shines.

SDBanks

Jul 14, 2020
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three of the biggest gold rushes in the US were 1) the big push starting 1848, 2) The Great Depression and 3) Nixon's gold Bugaboo in 1971

#4 - Central banks around the world (not just the fed) printing obscene amounts of fiat money in 2020. $1800 will look cheap in a few years, in my opinion at least.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel like if people were willing to actually work that hard for a living, there are plenty of other ways you could make just as much or more money, but maybe not in a "major depression" as you say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread