Give me some perspective please

Superdum

Greenie
Jul 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to all this really and I know that this is just a hotspot and not necessarily indicative of all the ground in this area but I did the math and it would appear that I am on about a gram per yard at my current location.

That seems like pretty rich ground to me but I don't really have anything to compare it to. How would you explain the potential of this site to the laymen?

Upvote 0

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First I hope you are classifying to at least a 1/2 inch before running it threw your sluice, second just take a shovel and scope up some of your tailings and pan it out and if there is no tailings at the end of your sluice you are running your sluice to fast. Finally take a classified bucket and pan it out, that should tell you what to expect when sluicing.

OP
OP
S

Superdum

Greenie
Jul 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I hope you are classifying to at least a 1/2 inch before running it threw your sluice, second just take a shovel and scope up some of your tailings and pan it out and if there is no tailings at the end of your sluice you are running your sluice to fast. Finally take a classified bucket and pan it out, that should tell you what to expect when sluicing.

I classifyng down to about 1/4 inch. I don't know... whatever the noodle strainer I stole from my girlfriend is lol.

My tailings from the original spot got washed away. I was able to get about a quarter pan worth from the new spot and didn't find anything but I don't consider that a proper test.

I need a longer shovel now. My hole is too deep for my tiny utility shovel and it keeps paying so I'ma keep digging. It's about 3 feet deep now and full of water. I was only just digging about a foot down and moving on but now I am going to dig until it stops paying out.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go lower than half inch for classifying it's just slowing you down.

I don't classify at all unless I have pretty low flow. the dirt you dig has more of an affect on your take than classifying.

Don't overload the sluice good flow you can feed material pretty quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread