Started a New Gig Today

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered a thread in a local classified page on Facebook looking for a panning instructor for a local Guest Ranch. After meeting with the GM, Assistant, Owners, and staff, Today was my first run. After suggesting Roaring Camp for paydirt and Gold Saver pans, I purchased some copper coated BB's then asked the staff to bring me a wheel barrel of just plain ole' dirt. The kids could practice and learn with the BB's as many pans as they wanted, then get a scoop or two from Roaring Camp's Dirt of the Month Club bags that the ranch purchased. I have to admit, I'm impressed. Every kid got at least two easily spotted pieces of gold per scoop. Some of the parents got to try it too.

Everybody had a good time learning, and seeing their gold in the pan.

Upvote 0

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool! I wish I had lived someplace where I could have gone panning when I was a kid! I'm sure they and their parents will enjoy it immensely!Kudos!

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the gold panning gig is on hold. Fires have forced the evacuation of the guest ranch and surrounding community. The fire has also burned my claim and closed the highway. All of our equipment is likely lost.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOO bad and sorry to hear that. Not only for you but you were feeding the future independent miners on a wholesale level.....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, the gold panning gig is on hold. Fires have forced the evacuation of the guest ranch and surrounding community. The fire has also burned my claim and closed the highway. All of our equipment is likely lost.

Such sad news!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread