LDMA ( Lost Dutchman Mining Association )

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just one question; membership worth the money?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are members , traveling , if any one wishes to Experience the LDMA and Camping Experience , PM Us .

Been thinking of joining and moving our RV over to the Stanton AZ campground.
Where are you headed to now?

*PM sent

GG~

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have friends that are ldma members (snow birds)and go out there every year for the winter. A couple of years back they went out early for some event /class the ldma was putting on and couldnt get in . they were told to go out and park in the desert with no conveniences ! They were told they don't know when it'll open up . Maybe a month or so! I dont know if they ever went back ,even with their lifetime membership! To me , I quit gpaa after many years promoting their club and wont consider ldma for myself ever .:BangHead:

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you like to camp or rough it, you will like the LDMA, plus all the land you get to prospect and md on.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have friends that are ldma members (snow birds)and go out there every year for the winter. A couple of years back they went out early for some event /class the ldma was putting on and couldnt get in . they were told to go out and park in the desert with no conveniences ! They were told they don't know when it'll open up . Maybe a month or so! I dont know if they ever went back ,even with their lifetime membership! To me , I quit gpaa after many years promoting their club and wont consider ldma for myself ever .:BangHead:

I've heard similar stories, both clubs not what they used to be since ownership change.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPAA has been going down hill ever since the Buzzard passed away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jair

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LDMA has new owner , Brandon , one of the Kids . So fare doing a good job of getting it all back together , with the help of Dominic , I believe they will continue to get better at all they do .
We’re in travel mode to see the country , heading to Indiana presently .
Our member ship is transferable, and life time , LDMA and Lifetime Gpaa .
Low cost of camping on properties,

Last edited:
OP
OP
jair

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just one question; membership worth the money?

If you have the time to look , and the drive to work , yes , you will get gold .
The low cost of Rv site with full hookups in Stanton is worth it .
All members that we met in all the camps have been grate .
So if your into mining , finding gold , ( don’t plan on getting rich )
And just love the out doors and exploring for gold , yes I say it’s worth it!

If your going to get gold out in the desert , or any where , your going to have to work for it , metal detecting , dry washing , panning etc .
Enjoy the company of others , camp cook outs , games , bingo etc . Stanton
has it all .

Transferable Member ship , Life Time . LDMA and Gpaa .

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like your happy........glad for you. If you end up at summit diggins in the fall (Duesenburg), bring your puffer as its mostly small gold but quite common.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you show up to a national outting without a reservation, then yes, the place is packed and they have plenty of land open for boondocking all guests. You can come in and fill up with water and dump any time but even with 400+ full hook up sites, national outings sell out plain and simple... You're friends made that mistake, not the LDMA... Stanton is their Premier west coast camp and they can fit you in usually but trying to get in for full hook ups during their once a year national outing is not going to happen. But, like they were told, they have plenty of open land in the desert around there and we've stayed out in the desert for months at a time with no need for hook ups...
I've belonged to the LDMA since 95 and it paid for itself the first time we used it way back then in ounces...

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At $4,750 for membership , you need to be planning to be a full time RV'r, then this might be a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jair

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are full time RVers , retired . Found that the LDMA has upped the Gpaa cost in order to purchase LDMA apparently , we did not know this . Guess we’re stuck with it .

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a LDMA Membership (life) for sale. If interested email me a [email protected].
Wife passed, sold camper. Had a lot of fun over the years, found a LOT of gold, spent the winters in the West/S West

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread