Rare Gold Nuggets Stolen from Prospectors shop, Helena MT

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be on the lookout stolen nuggets/display case
https://www.ktvh.com/news/helena-pr...-help-finding-5-figures-worth-of-gold-nuggets
ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com.jpg
he should give out better photos of the nuggets, no two are alike
Image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
I really hope they catch the filth that stole this.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
SORRY to hear of this !!! There seems to be way to much of this going on !! I've heard of this type of theft from other places and times. I expect to see more of this as the economy gets even worse! To bad they didn't have better security or camera's ! Somebody knows of who did it OR will hear about it sooner or latter , BUT by then it'll be gone ! There's to many tv shows that shows them what to do with it!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold will be quickly sold or melted-down, into an unrecognizable shape...losing value as specimen gold or nuggets, but still, very hard to trace...!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it was left out..protected only by store front glass?
You would hope someone would have sense enough to put it away in a safe each night?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say that even while knowing that most consumer safes are actually not very “safe” at all. Most gun safes people buy have dual 3/16” thick plates on the bottom at the most. I believe a 60v cordless skillsaw with a carbide blade could simply saw the bottom off. They are intended to be anchored down, which most people never do.

I also wondered if those 4 nuggets are the only ones stolen.

A crime like this would be just as likely to occur in 1865 as now, I think.

Last edited:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bummer. He's a real nice guy. I hope they catch the dirt bag that did this.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly a bummer! Thanks, winners, for spreading the word. Wish the owner the best of luck on catching the thief or thieves!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel so bad for Bud. Met him many years ago, stopped in his shop on my way to my first trip to Alaska to chase the gold. He gave me lots of good tips. Also chased the gold in Montana at other times, and always stopped in his shop to buy a few things and to have a chat about gold.

Also met him in my stomping grounds, and he found some nice nuggets with this detector, extremely knowledgable guy that's forgotten more about chasing the gold than I'll likely ever know.

It really rips me up that someone would take advantage of Bud and do such a low-life crime.

I hope he gets his gold back, and I hope he sees some justice.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A person CAN'T be a trusting person in today's environment ! You got to cover your azz at all time's and protect yourself !

I'm afraid that's what it's coming to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions