BIG GOLD BAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning friends.
I need help please, I found something that I believe to be a big gold bar, over 500 kg.
Except it's on the beach of an island in Bermuda that belongs to England.
And I am a Brazilian citizen and I live in Brazil, does anyone know the procedures and how do I be mine? X.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually I skip these posts, but this was indeed an entertaining thread! Mr. Brazilian Archaeologist...I salute you, sir!

aj

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
dup, so I will continue

anyone here into thermo? (an engn student?)
how much wood would it take to heat that much gold (plus the crucible) from ambient to the melting temp ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is this thread under "Today's Finds" ?

this is a fantasy find

Jeff, T_H we need a new section - Fantasy Finds

A suggested topic too:

ENVIOUS UNSUCCESSFUL.

I believe there would be many on this topic, do you agree?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dup, so I will continue

how much wood would it take to heat that much gold (plus the crucible) from ambient to the melting temp ?

Melt gold powder.
Reach the melting temperature, another 100 degrees above and add more powdered gold that you can get a very large bar.
I'm sure most of the Pirates who were leaders were more intelligent than you.
So don't underestimate them.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dup, so I will continue

As someone who has built and used ancient style glass furnaces.....that is a ridiculously hard calculation, so many variables like wood type, size of wood, even how it is stacked in the firebox matters, then you have furnace materials and the insulation quality, hell even the humidity in the air matters.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another amazing post by our resident archaeologist. well done sir now go after all this treasure.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melt gold powder.
Reach the melting temperature, another 100 degrees above and add more powdered gold that you can get a very large bar.
I'm sure most of the Pirates who were leaders were more intelligent than you.
So don't underestimate them.

that is not as simple a task as you present it to be. especially at the scale and weights you talk. I get stuff ripping hot for a living and have plenty of experience with the ancient ways of doing so. This would be a MASSIVE project and not only would it be very uncommon for any pirates to have this knowledge, it would take a huge amount of resources and time to accomplish. Even someone well versed in melting down gold could very likely fail at a project this big. The question you have to ask is why would they waste time and effort doing this?

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
that is not as simple a task as you present it to be. especially at the scale and weights you talk. I get stuff ripping hot for a living and have plenty of experience with the ancient ways of doing so. This would be a MASSIVE project and not only would it be very uncommon for any pirates to have this knowledge, it would take a huge amount of resources and time to accomplish. Even someone well versed in melting down gold could very likely fail at a project this big. The question you have to ask is why would they waste time and effort doing this?
down here, Costa Rica, the best wood (energy content) is the most resinous and hard = most colorful = most demand, overcut and now protected, Cachimbo/Cristóbal
in a small forge burns hot and long

edit: I really wanna see a dwg of the pirate bellows

edit2: and AP sprinkling another 100 grams into the crucible

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a little research, I think we’re onto something here. I Googled ‘Bermuda 500kg Gold Bar’ and the first hit was an old pirate map with ‘X Marks the Spot’ showing pretty much the same location. I confirmed this by comparison with the 1958 edition of “My First Atlas (in Colour)”. Just need to solve the riddle that was written on the map.

My first is in pirate, but not in gold.
My second in treasure, but not in behold.
My third is in loot, but not in in plunder.
My fourth is in look, but not in wonder.
The last of my letters is from a Brazilian
Who promises that he can make you a million.
He can find you an ingot the size of a fridge.
He has cloven hooves and lives under a bridge.

OP
OP
A
Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The answer is:
They had plenty of time.
Why do?
It would be the safest way to store gold, coins anyone carries. Another huge bar, at the time it would be impossible.
I say that they did this with the surplus gold, no one needs 100 tons of gold to live.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
After a little research, I think we’re onto something here. I Googled ‘Bermuda 500kg Gold Bar’ and the first hit was an old pirate map with ‘X Marks the Spot’ showing pretty much the same location. I confirmed this by comparison with the 1958 edition of “My First Atlas (in Colour)”. Just need to solve the riddle that was written on the map.

My first is in pirate, but not in gold.
My second in treasure, but not in behold.
My third is in loot, but not in in plunder.
My fourth is in look, but not in wonder.
The last of my letters is from a Brazilian
Who promises that he can make you a million.
He can find you an ingot the size of a fridge.
He has cloven hooves and lives under a bridge.
truly excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread