Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it's that time of year and I have a question that is not answered in my extensive notes. I have learned a lot from you guys lol.

Does a Small Miner have to do their own assessment work or can they pay the $100 to someone to do that work?

And I know the answer (I think) but since I have you on the line when filing the BLM Annual Assessment Work Form 3830-004 before Dec 30 of this year you are stating what you did up until Aug 31 of this year correct?

I do not file Small Miner but my brother does and every year I add to my notes lol.

Thanks you guys for the help!

Chuck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep just here to help a friend. Thanks russau!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's that time of year and I have a question that is not answered in my extensive notes. I have learned a lot from you guys lol.

Does a Small Miner have to do their own assessment work or can they pay the $100 to someone to do that work?

And I know the answer (I think) but since I have you on the line when filing the BLM Annual Assessment Work Form 3830-004 before Dec 30 of this year you are stating what you did up until Aug 31 of this year correct?

I do not file Small Miner but my brother does and every year I add to my notes lol.

Chuck
Yes you can. Even hiring a nightwatchman counts .

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chuck
Yes you can. Even hiring a nightwatchman counts .

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok that is awesome. Adding to my extensive notes lol.

Chuck

kane8907

Sep 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Form 3830-2 must be used when filing a small miner’s waiver request and must be filed or postmarked (if mailed) on or before September 1 every year. There is no processing fee to file a waiver. This waiver request you can ask some people to do for you

When apply Form 3830-4 it means you are doing the Annual Assessment Work,you need pay 100$+15$/per claim. before assessment work is not a requirement for owners of mill or tunnel sites; however, a notice of intent to hold (NOIH) the sitemust be filed on or before December 30. The BLM requires a $15 processing fee per site for filing a NOIH. This accessment work you need to handle it yourself. I hope your state policy is not unique.

Please visit the article below

https://www.blm.gov/programs/energy...nerals/locatable-materials/annual-maintenance

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It doesn't matter who does the work or even if they were paid. All that matters is the work was done.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter who does the work or even if they were paid. All that matters is the work was done.

the type of work does matter. It's been in court.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread