Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the time of year where I find mistakes on COL's for claims we filed the year before.

Am going to send an amended COL to BLM for putting the wrong year for location. Do I put today's date where I sign on the amended COL or do I sign and leave the original date? I did correct the year for location on the amended COL.

Am also sending a corrected COL to the county.

I might have another question but if one of you guys knows the answer to the above it is appreciated.

Chuck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please educate us, what is COL.

Good question. Certificate of Location.

You put a Notice of Location on the stake out on the claim. Within 90 days of location you file a Certificate of Location first with the County and then once recorded there you send it to the BLM for recording. The BLM then sends it back to you.

If you make a mistake like I did you have to amend the COL. Not a big deal but I don't do an amended enough to be smart on it.

Thanks.

Chuck

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still just a copy of the NOL. Once you record it at the County, with your map I guess you could call it a certificate. I replaced my original NOL with a copy of the recorded NOL on my location monument

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still just a copy of the NOL. Once you record it at the County, with your map I guess you could call it a certificate. I replaced my original NOL with a copy of the recorded NOL on my location monument
i do the same. and a new copy every year so people cant use the excuse that they only found "old" paperwork in the monument tube. Using that as an excuse to highgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread