Any Ohio people around anymore?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vpnavy

Thread: Any Ohio people around anymore?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2016
    51 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Any Ohio people around anymore?

Was looking for a buddy to go with, and I'm also trying to find some spots allowed to do this. Have one spot in Chillicothe where I got a decent picker we could check out, trying to find others somewhat close to Columbus. Any help is greatly appreciated, most of the old ohio guys that were on this forum don't seem to be active anymore.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    15600 times
    You might consider browsing Forum:Ohio...
    russau likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Jul 2020
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
    Was looking for a buddy to go with, and I'm also trying to find some spots allowed to do this. Have one spot in Chillicothe where I got a decent picker we could check out, trying to find others somewhat close to Columbus. Any help is greatly appreciated, most of the old ohio guys that were on this forum don't seem to be active anymore.
    Akron area here. I'm on the gold!

You are allowed to prospect on any public land that is not a state forest. I look at the map of glacial moraines and then find a creek that runs through them but also has a park or Ohio wildlife area. As long as it's not State Forest you are good to pan, sluice, high bank, or dredge up to a 4 incher.

Ohio wildlife areas can be found on the odnr website. Look also for your local watershed district website. They have alot of public lands associated with them too.

Your best bet looks to be fairfield or perry county. Clear creek metro park seem like an ok place to look imo
    Last edited by Superdum; Sep 02, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Feb 2016
    51 times
    Doesn't seem to be much around Columbus that I've found anyway. But I'm willing to travel, I think it's confusing the way I wrote it, but trying to stay within an hour and a half drive. Got onxhunt which tells you who owns what property. Surprisingly doesn't seem to be many what looks to be good spots(where the glaciers stopped) that aren't owned by private owners. Guess I might try sending them a letter see what happens.

Sponsored Links