Public Land Closure Effective TODAY - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Public Land Closure Effective TODAY

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2211 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    The 14th has come and gone... yet a lot of the roads are still baracaded off and the USFS campgrounds are still closed in areas far away from the fires. As the Covid Scandal continues...
    Shamdemic......... And scandal is exactly right.....
    Take it easy out there and be careful.
    When you going to get back over this way?
    Maybe we can hit the beach when you do.
    Reed Lukens likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4357 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by johnedoe View Post
    Shamdemic......... And scandal is exactly right.....
    Take it easy out there and be careful.
    When you going to get back over this way?
    Maybe we can hit the beach when you do.
    We were supposed to be there already but blm is taking their time this year with my claim paperwork... so we aren't going to make it up there this month like we had planned.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnedoe View Post
    You be careful out there Mike.... When all this insanity is over we are going to have to get together...
    It might not be until late spring before I can access my claim as it is right in the middle of the burn area. Though the landscape may be somewhat inhospitable, we try to have a group outing on Memorial weekend. I'll put you on the list for year year.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12789 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep691 View Post
    I have to disagree with you Goldwasher. Just go to the Plumas National Forest website. The North Complex fire is managed by the Forest Service except the west portion which is by Lake Oroville. That portion is managed by CalFire. They are jointly managing this fire and sharing resources. Also, it's the FS that decides when timber can be harvested from National forest lands, not the State of California.
    thats exactly how I saud they fight them. I'm right down the rd. from Calfire and CCC camp. Know quite a few firefighters for different agencies.

Feds manage the surface resource. However they are absolutely affected by state laws and attitude.

If it was as simple as you state we would all be "legally" dredgin our "federal" claims

Plus F.S timberland is almost always mixed with private timber holdings . The overall harvest plans for regions affect both.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12789 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Calfire typically has agreements with the federal government to extend their SRA to federal lands with mixed private property or homes located within the forest. Otherwise itís a USFS show.
    It's not an agreement it is their mandate. that is why I posted it.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12789 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    They have phased in several openings here in El Dorado Tahoe and Toyabi

Mar 2016
    4923 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    It's not an agreement it is their mandate. that is why I posted it.
    That's just what a Calfire employee told me. Special agreement to cover fire prevention in specific limited areas of federal lands.
    I listen to scanners and follow all of the local fires during the summers.
    They always ask first responders to give coordinates so they can verify SRA

I'm no expert and can't argue definitively.
    Maybe it varies from area to area.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Yesterday at 11:40 PM.
    russau likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Itís a blanket hard closure of EDIT -> 20.2 <- million acres regardless of proximity to fires.

I can understand public safety closures where there is an immediate danger.

Got verification from my local forest....they control the surface access and can apparently sever that access anytime they feel itís justified. So from their stand point, I must apply for a permit to access my mining claim even though there are no fires within 30 miles.

The purpose of the closure was to protect natural resources and avoid entrapment.

I still donít think this is legal, but will let it rest I guess. I was hoping Clay would chime in with some case precedence regarding surface rights vs mineral estate. Doesnít seem right that they can shut down the surface rights on such a large swath of public land.
    I guess it depends on who you talk too. Yesterday, I called TNF Ranger stations in Camptonville and Nevada City about my mining claim access and was told just to have my claim paperwork with me in case any LEO'S ask us if we have a reason to be here and to let them know that we had the OK to carry on from the USFS.
    russau and johnedoe like this.

Mar 2016
    4923 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    I guess it depends on who you talk too. Yesterday, I called TNF Ranger stations in Camptonville and Nevada City about my mining claim access and was told just to have my claim paperwork with me in case any LEO'S ask us if we have a reason to be here and to let them know that we had the OK to carry on from the USFS.
    Reed, EXACTLY...the response was probably given to me by someone with no input from their legal council.
    No risk in saying no...until a citation is issued and someone takes it to court.

I’m busy with fire stuff anyway, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don’t care how good the intentions are.
    russau likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1376 times
    I guess I should touch base with PNF as well. But at this point in time there are still hot spots on or near my claim. I'm reasonably certain my answer will be NO until the fire activity is over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links