Found gold......and quite a bit of it

ThisOREthat

Greenie
Jul 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found what I initially thought was ore, turns out to be more on nugget size. Found on families property that was in one of the largest firestorms in us history, 3000 of the most affluent homes in US + 400 apt/condo complexes. Burned for 3 days before coming under control. 3 different winds converged to make essentially a very very large smelting furnace using other debris for flux.....after some experiments I discovered If i bathed in strong hcl solution for 5 days then powdered some and melted in crucible others I just hit with my oxy-acetylene torch briefly, some of these popped/exploded everywhere but the ones that didn’t just melted revealing their true noble metallic nature. I have also put some in solution via aqua Regia and tested with stannous (positive result), tests were dark purple/brown/blackish. Precipitated gold powder melted to nuggets/shot. Anyone have suggestions as to where I might be able to sell some of it? Refiner? I don’t want to sell all of it as there is faarrrr too much for that (100lbs+), of 60g powdered I got around 35-40g metallic nugget back. What are folks thoughts?
asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

asset.php

Will upload more photos when I get back to my laptop.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThisOREthat

Greenie
Jul 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and our property is at essentially what is the lowest point in the area (heavy stuff always ends up at lowest point)

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unusual......So the fire smelted the gold you.
You certainly wouldn't want to sell 100's of lbs of gold..I agree.

If your doing special tests, I would look for other metals like lead, copper...or maybe even silver. They are sometimes found in the mix.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread