Heading down into a new Gold Mine

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video, it brings many memories of the mines I explored here in western Washington, the vid was awesome but what brought it back to me was sounds of being in the mine, only those who been in that situation would know it, thanks

OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video, it brings many memories of the mines I explored here in western Washington, the vid was awesome but what brought it back to me was sounds of being in the mine, only those who been in that situation would know it, thanks

It's a different world down there ET! You are right about the different sounds. The left side tunnel has really muffled sound because of the softer wallrock. When I go into the right flank there is a bit more of an echo. Movement, calm, breath, it's all different. You,re in a miniature encapsulated world, it's truly exciting!

OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was fun. I'm ready for more!

I'm glad Wildminer! Me too! I'm actually planning on doing a little series of all that I do down there. We found gold and have plans to do some more exploration and development. Cheers!

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! Im excited to see more. I just moved out to Colorado springs a couple of months ago. I was thinking about joining the colorado gold camp club. I was wondering about access this time of year. Is the season pretty much over for a guy to do some detecting and panning?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool! Im excited to see more. I just moved out to Colorado springs a couple of months ago. I was thinking about joining the colorado gold camp club. I was wondering about access this time of year. Is the season pretty much over for a guy to do some detecting and panning?

Joining the club is a great idea. Some of the best placer gold in CO. I’m a member. It’s pretty frozen up there now but you can do a little digging down in metro Denver through the winter while you wait.

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joining the club is a great idea. Some of the best placer gold in CO. I’m a member. It’s pretty frozen up there now but you can do a little digging down in metro Denver through the winter while you wait.
Thanks Kevin! I just picked up your book. I've just opened it and started reading today. So much awesome information already! Definitely doing some road trips next year... Thank you Sir

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin! I just picked up your book. I've just opened it and started reading today. So much awesome information already! Definitely doing some road trips next year... Thank you Sir

Well you just made my day! Enjoy the book [emoji106][emoji41]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread