Looks like LR200 is being replaced
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By winners58
  • 3 Post By Clay Diggins
  • 4 Post By winners58
  • 6 Post By Clay Diggins
  • 4 Post By Clay Diggins

Thread: Looks like LR200 is being replaced

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3917 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Looks like LR2000 is being replaced

the LR2000 still working so far but is slated to be replaced with MLRS by early 2021

ATTENTION PROSPECTORS & MINERS USING THE BLM LR2000
    The BLM Legacy Rehost system (LR2000) has been shut down. I do not know if this is temporary or a permanent site closure while the BLM launches the Mineral & Land Records System (MLRS) program that is replacing the LR2000.
    I have had a few discussions with different BLM regions over the last few months concerning the launch of the MLRS which on the surface, appears to be a more in-depth program that allows a great deal of additional functionality and has been promised as easier to use than the LR2000.
    The full MLRS was not functional as of 12/14/2020 - 0600 MST.
    Once fully launched, the MLRS can be used with or without an account. For those of us with accounts to MLRS it will launch in phases and Initially we will be able to use MLRS for mining-related claims, such as submitting a new lode, placer, tunnel site, or mill site mining claim.
    You will also be able to take action on an existing lode, placer, tunnel, or mill site claim, including:
    • Transfer of Interest
    • Relinquishment
    • Paying maintenance fees
    • Submitting Affidavit of Assessment Work & Proof of Labor
    • Designating Active-Duty Military Status
    • Initiating an appeal to IBLA
    I highly suggest that you please follow the link below and read the complete FAQS page.
    https://www.blm.gov/services/land-records/mlrs
    Although there will be a learning curve to the MLRS, I am looking forward to the updated way of interacting with the BLM reporting and functions.
    Kevin Hoagland
    Executive Director of Development
    Gold Prospectors Association of America
    Lost Dutchman’s Mining Association
    khoagland@goldprospectors.org
    Last edited by winners58; Dec 14, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11554 times
    Prospecting
    The LR2000 is not working and hasn't been for more than a week.

This recent LR2000 outage is nothing new. The history of the BLM in presenting new access methods to their data has not been good. Let's hope that this time they can actually put together a working system.

Heavy Pans

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3917 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    looks like the connection issues are coming from software used by Government agency's to connect to servers was compromised by Russian hackers
    https://www.icmj.com/resources/news-...r-hacking-446/
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11554 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    looks like the connection issues are coming from software used by Government agency's to connect to servers was compromised by Russian hackers
    https://www.icmj.com/resources/news-...r-hacking-446/
    I doubt that is the whole reason why the LR2000 access is down. The LR2000 has been out for over a week now, long before they were informed about the network control issues.

The LR2000 does still live on in Land Matters. I'll be updating the Land Matters servers tomorrow morning with the most recent (December 15th) claim and land status data. I'm still able to access and download the whole current LR2000 database through their secure server system.

If this LR2000 access problem becomes more than a temporary lock down Land Matters could serve you the same information you were getting from the LR2000. We built the Land Matters databases and maps so they can handle all the data. It would be a major project and require nearly a doubling in server storage but it is possible. For right now we are just hoping for some reliable information from the BLM on what the time schedule is for getting the public side of the LR2000 working again.

With the recent revelations about the Solar Winds and government network infrastructure being compromised for months I have doubts the MLRS will ever come online. More than just a hunch but probably something better discussed on another thread.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11554 times
    Prospecting
    LR2000 is back up and running at the moment.

If you have been waiting to research a location here's your chance. It's been up and down for the last 9 days so don't count on it lasting.

Heavy Pans

Sponsored Links