How to find Gold Ore, It all starts with a Hole in the Ground!

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Oh to be young again!!:icon_thumright: That slab NEEDS to be removed for safety! I'd try to scale it down or just use one of the mini - blaster's to get it down & safe then remove that material !:coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh for sure Russ! That slab is nasty... It's gotta be at least 5 tons.
I might just knock it down and leave it.
When I was doing research on this this mine, I found an article where it said the only death at the mine occurred when a big slab like this fell on the the superintendent.
I'm going to deal with it before going back below it.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be careful in scaling it down. An old family friend was killed many years ago when a multi ton slab crushed him while scaling in a potash mine near Carlsbad, NM.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]Reopening a rich historic gold mine. This is one of many shafts that we are working on.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]This is my personal Rags to Riches tale of what it takes to find that Motherlode Gold!
We're still working on the riches part ;)
How would you deal with that huge slab that is ready to fall in the shaft?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]��Happy Holidays Everyone!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]

[/FONT]

Have you given Tannerite any thoughts ? !!! Following instructions!!! its a lot safer that crawling under that slab.>> https://tannerite.com/

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Be careful in scaling it down. An old family friend was killed many years ago when a multi ton slab crushed him while scaling in a potash mine near Carlsbad, NM.
Yep by loosening that big rock it could bring the roof down by the ton's ! You will see how the material is in place BETTER than we can see on your video what would be the best way to bring her down safely ! BE safe and get a video of you clearing your way in !

OP
OP
CGC Miner

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys. That slab is scary. Currently the only way I see to tackle it is from above.
I don't know much about tannerite but will look into it.
Will have to investigate further. It might make more sense to take it down to be safe but I would think a 5 ton slab could also be held in place with multiple stulls?
Anyway, scary and cool stuff!

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with you on starting above, this mine of yours is scary, all that loose rock. I've explored many mines here in western Wa. and felt fairly comfortable doing it except the one I discovered that wasn't on the maps, great access but steep walk in and then it closed up to a 18inch crawl space and then opened up into a large cavity. Interesting experience crawling on your belly with a mountain above you. Best of luck and be careful

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you scale it out, start from the top down so you are not in harms way. A Sierra blaster might do the trick although its slow. That stull isnt doing anything as is at a minimum i would get some big fresh timbers in there. Thats that schisty kind of wall rock so it wants to come down in sheets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions