Gold Paydirt sold online, why do people do this?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Gold Paydirt sold online, why do people do this?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    239 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold Paydirt sold online, why do people do this?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=10

I don't get it, aren't these sellers especially who claim that they're selling "unsearched paydirt" just shamelessly lying their butts off? No sane person would do that.
    minerjosh and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    26638 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    “Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public.” - P.T. Barnum
    russau, Coinboy, gunsil and 3 others like this.
    Some of My Finds: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...lbums4377.html

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MrTerrySoloman Please Subscribe!

My Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Patriot-102621285018092

My Music Page: https://www.facebook.com/Terrys-Musi...33016710344976

My Photo Portfolio: http://www.snapshotologist.com

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5059 times
    Year's back I did buy some "bagged gold " BEFORE I got my feet wet ! BUT how can someone "GARRENTEE " some "unsearched gold" ? YEP just a little "unsearched " that get's me !! .......... Rather than buying this "unsearched" gold ,why not make your own with local gravels and dirt and SAVE a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$ ! There is plenty of places /website's / club's that will sell you their finds !

us
    Sep 2019
    alabama
    minelab, fisher
    778 times
    This your hardly gonna get rich. They are either preying in the unknowing and wishful thinking and maybe just more of a novelty for a kid who doesn’t have the area to look for gold and gives them a sense of it and finding whatever small amount planted in it would prolly make kid smile. Seeing this I know some kids who would have loved to have gotten something like this. Not because I think you’d get rich but because the child’s thrill of the hunt like anything else we venture into metal detecting or gold panning.
    Clay Diggins, russau and mattt like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7274 times
    Prospecting
    I knew a gent in the Barstow ca. area that used to bag and
    sell "pay dirt".

He did dig and classify the dirt, and it was from a claim that
    did indeed hold a fair amount of placer gold. As he bagged it,
    he'd add a preset amount of gold into the mix, as he never
    wanted a customer to be unhappy.

When I get the itch to do some panning, I just head out
    to a spot that's produced gold in the past, and classify
    a couple of 5 gal bucketful's and bring it home.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    185 times
    I read a story some years back about a school teacher in Oklahoma that was teaching a class about mining. His spiel to the class was the old adage, "gold is where you find it."
    He went to Home Depot and bought several bags of sand, and had the class pan it out. Lo' and behold they found some flour gold. Of course the gold specks would never cover the cost of the sand, BUT it was fun for the students, and a lesson learned. That's what counts.
    russau and DizzyDigger like this.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1452 times
    I used a sucker tube to clean off the bedrock at my claim. Took a 5 gallon bucket home, bagged it and sent it for the cost of a flat rate box. I wasn't selling for profit and I wasn't guaranteeing anything. Most of the bags had some gold and one had a nice picker in it.

What's funny is I had to mover two feet of gravels off that bedrock through the highbanker first. That gravel produced about a gram and a half per yard. I guess you just never know.
    Last edited by mikep691; Dec 28, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    20534 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I bought some of that dirt several years ago - got a pinch (and only a pinch) of gold out of the bag.

Won't be wasting money on another one.....
    russau likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4604 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotec View Post
    I read a story some years back about a school teacher in Oklahoma that was teaching a class about mining. His spiel to the class was the old adage, "gold is where you find it."
    He went to Home Depot and bought several bags of sand, and had the class pan it out. Lo' and behold they found some flour gold. Of course the gold specks would never cover the cost of the sand, BUT it was fun for the students, and a lesson learned. That's what counts.
    That "old adage" is a mistaken interpretation of a line in the bible. Job 28:1---"Surely there is a vein for the silver, and a place for gold where they fine it." Where they fine it means where gold is refined, it had nothing to do with finding it.
    BoydBros likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    6016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    That "old adage" is a mistaken interpretation of a line in the bible. Job 28:1---"Surely there is a vein for the silver, and a place for gold where they fine it." Where they fine it means where gold is refined, it had nothing to do with finding it.
    And yet, I always get gold where I find it.
    But then, I never get gold where I dont find it.

One thing for sure though, all that glitters is not gold.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Dec 28, 2020 at 02:13 PM.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    5457 times
    I have seen some people that were wheelchair bound and not able to get to places to prospect, buying bags of dirt and I think they just wanted the memories of times past. Hopefully the buckets and bags were seeded to at least give them a thrill.
    Last edited by Back-of-the-boat; Dec 29, 2020 at 12:21 PM.
    et1955 and wildminer like this.
    back of the boat

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1452 times
    If you want guaranteed gold in your bag of paydirt, I will recommend Roaring Camp's "Dirt of the Month Club". I use it for my summertime gig teaching kids to pan at a local resort. I can estimate at least 1 gram gold per 10 pound bag. Also if you're planning a visit to California's central Mother Lode area, Check out there mining adventures www.roaringcampgold.com

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    239 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep691 View Post
    I used a sucker tube to clean off the bedrock at my claim. Took a 5 gallon bucket home, bagged it and sent it for the cost of a flat rate box. I wasn't selling for profit and I wasn't guaranteeing anything. Most of the bags had some gold and one had a nice picker in it.

What's funny is I had to mover two feet of gravels off that bedrock through the highbanker first. That gravel produced about a gram and a half per yard. I guess you just never know.
    Is it even profitable to sell online? Ebay and paypal fees are already 20% now plus the cost of shipping which is at least $15 to $20

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1452 times
    They have an operating mine and rent cabins. It's a kind of dude ranch for prospectors. Plus they produce some other equipment that they sell. Check the website for more details. I used to be a retailer for their equipment so while biased, I wouldn't sell or use something that wasn't tried and true. I've know the family there since the 80's and my family is represented there every year since.
    russau likes this.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1452 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Is it even profitable to sell online? Ebay and paypal fees are already 20% now plus the cost of shipping which is at least $15 to $20
    Roaring Camp only sells from their site, and authorized retailers. They ship in USPS flat rate boxes. If you have interest give Tammy in the office a call. Tell her Mike Phillips sent you.
    russau, et1955 and delnorter like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links