New gold find of a life time - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: New gold find of a life time

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5043 times
    Yep that happens to me all the time!!
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    2522 times
    Prospecting
    A friend of mine was working and prospecting in his off time.....(he had a real everyday job) He most often used his metal detector. On a day off he went to a spot he had been actively exploring with is detector and decided to go up onto the top of a ridge that was so laden with iron (hot rocks) he had been avoiding it. Anyway....he decided to deal with it and check it out. He got a sound that was different than his regular "squeaks" and he dug a little bit and he hit a vein of quarts that was 50% laden with gold. He did not have the necessary tools but he went back down to his rig and got his tire iron and headed back up to the spot. He spent most of the day busting up the spot and he thot he had removed all the gold from the 1 ft wide vein. He had all he could carry. On his way back down to his rig there were a couple of other guys showing up to the mtn/hillside and they asked him how he had done. He said he had done real well and then he got into his rig and left. He went back on his next day off and the whole mtn had claim markers on it and big excavating equipment setting up on the ridge. I saw the gold he had extracted and for the life of me I hounded him about "why would you say anything to the guys as you were leaving?" His response: "I thought I had gotten it all" ....he had over 20 oz of gold out of the spot.

So you just never know.......finding the "big find" happens. I have had some good days and good times. My lifelong mining partner died of cancer on Sep 1 of 2020. One time he and I were dredging a remote area and he was 75 yards downstream of me. We were finding some nice chunky gold and nuggets....but not a real OMG spot......we were just downstream fro a place where the 49ers had worked a hi bar. All of a sudden I hear him hooping and a hollering and so I head downstream to see what was up. He was dredging a slack section of creek. He hit a spot in the bedrock that was like a big concave bowl...maybe 4 ft in diameter. It was full of gold and his sluice box was full of gold.

Anyway.......you just keep a looking and working and sometimes it happens.

Bejay.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    I just hope everyone has brushed up on their gold dance for when they find it.
    You mean this one ? ? ?

Name:  3ea8bbfe76862d7b3e5a3c947fc0d36c.gif
Views: 59
Size:  3.43 MB
    PetesPockets55 and OwenT like this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1606 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    You mean this one ? ? ?

Name:  3ea8bbfe76862d7b3e5a3c947fc0d36c.gif
Views: 59
Size:  3.43 MB