New gold find of a life time

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alway enjoy your post russau. I’m going to put a good effort into finding that new Mother Load this year.
We’ll both celebrate. Happy New Year.

Mike

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After over 40+ years of detecting, I'd say I'm due to find the big one...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold in 2021 everyone!:occasion14:

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I hope ALL of you guy's are working together to find this BIG slab of gold and share it with yourselves and your family's on this New Year !!:occasion14:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy new year everyone. My buddy and i got 20 acre's of a Gold baring claim and we have only scratched a little small area. We will see what 2021 will bring.

Attachments

• 20190423_112509.jpg
    20190423_112509.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0366.JPG
    100_0366.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • 100_0398.JPG
    100_0398.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happiest of New Years Russ!
May we all be so lucky! I did hear of pretty spectacular find in AZ last year. You just never really know what is under your feet or staring you in the face until you test it!

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well its got to happen sooner or latter that some lucky guy stumbles on the MOTHER LOAD that has been staring us in the face all these years ! I just hope that I will still be alive to see this ! :hello2::hello::icon_thumleft::notworthy:

How about tripping on pile of gold, back in 1961, a friend of my grand father was walking on the Frasier river in British Columbia and tripped on a rock and fell flat faced on a deposit of gold that ended up worth more than a million $. True Story.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine was working and prospecting in his off time.....(he had a real everyday job) He most often used his metal detector. On a day off he went to a spot he had been actively exploring with is detector and decided to go up onto the top of a ridge that was so laden with iron (hot rocks) he had been avoiding it. Anyway....he decided to deal with it and check it out. He got a sound that was different than his regular "squeaks" and he dug a little bit and he hit a vein of quarts that was 50% laden with gold. He did not have the necessary tools but he went back down to his rig and got his tire iron and headed back up to the spot. He spent most of the day busting up the spot and he thot he had removed all the gold from the 1 ft wide vein. He had all he could carry. On his way back down to his rig there were a couple of other guys showing up to the mtn/hillside and they asked him how he had done. He said he had done real well and then he got into his rig and left. He went back on his next day off and the whole mtn had claim markers on it and big excavating equipment setting up on the ridge. I saw the gold he had extracted and for the life of me I hounded him about "why would you say anything to the guys as you were leaving?" His response: "I thought I had gotten it all" ....he had over 20 oz of gold out of the spot.

So you just never know.......finding the "big find" happens. I have had some good days and good times. My lifelong mining partner died of cancer on Sep 1 of 2020. One time he and I were dredging a remote area and he was 75 yards downstream of me. We were finding some nice chunky gold and nuggets....but not a real OMG spot......we were just downstream fro a place where the 49ers had worked a hi bar. All of a sudden I hear him hooping and a hollering and so I head downstream to see what was up. He was dredging a slack section of creek. He hit a spot in the bedrock that was like a big concave bowl...maybe 4 ft in diameter. It was full of gold and his sluice box was full of gold.

Anyway.......you just keep a looking and working and sometimes it happens.

Bejay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread