Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea I hear you spring will be on us before we know it, better get on the repairs and upgrades.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get out before the Snakes do :)

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided to try hunting rattlesnakes while out prospecting, got some little shotshells for my six gun. I haven't seen one in years.

OP
OP
P

potsherd_creek

Jan 12, 2021
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pan fried with some garlic salt is great eating while sitting around the camp fire out in the desert with a couple of "drinks' !!

I have heard rattlesnake tastes good and have even been offered some, I politely declined. Now a good bowl of snapping turtle soup, haven't had that for ages !

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Getting ready"....I was born ready :) 009.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,we'll get her done :) Just as long as the boulder haven't been moved since last visit :) 005.JPG

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep I guess you'll have lot's of energy thinking of all the nugget's your going to get and using those come - a - long's !! they make you want to keep on trucking !

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Washington state there's no preparations to make except for buying more preparation H.

No dredging without extensive permits and only in canals, ditches and other non bearing gold waters.

No more ocean beach sand sluicing without permits and then you have to your recirculated water home with you.

I'm sure there's more soon to come from California/Oregon influenced regs. that are just spreading like a cancer in the North West.

It sucks, and that we can't keep going anymore as small miners without a major lawsuit

Maybe in 4 years or less from now we can dredge again :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mining in Washington state is still very productive in the right areas and legal, sluicing is the best way, I have never met a dredger that pulls out more gold than me since I mine ancient benches. Beach mining is legal if you follow the laws, I have done it and had no problem, won't do it again, waste of time when you are used to finding 1/4 to 1/2 inch flakes, glitter gold just doesn't make it. Now as for getting ready to mine the number one thing you must do is to get yourself in shape, you must be in shape to mine not using mining to get into shape.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man oh man I love rattlesnake meat, it makes really good taco filling. Never been too partial to turtle meat, when I lived in South Jersey I knew people that would pick up dead ones off by the highway into Salem. Lots of roadkill in NJ If I had more time and better situations while there to skin dead critters I could have collected quite a lot of fine pelts.

Most of my spots I use a pack frame and a wheelbarrow if possible to haul in my gear. Using 15 gallon barrels for floats they are pretty durable I throw them ahead as much as possible.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread