Proof ???, Discovery's Gold Rush Is (FAKE)

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Reality" lol :) Here's some "reality"..... So far -this year- Parker has pulled out 5,100 Ounces ,or is that fake also ? :tongue3:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched to see some gold but most of it is made up, I don't want to see all drama crap just them telling about the ground and gold. I guess I'm not like most people though I think that's a good thing, every show you see their getting paid very good so it wouldn't matter if they found gold or not.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Reality" lol :) Here's some "reality"..... So far -this year- Parker has pulled out 5,100 Ounces ,or is that fake also ? :tongue3:

Yes the numbers are also fake. The directors make up the score and the yearly “goal” for each of the miners. They use rental gold for the “clean up” shots. The season where Todd H. was mining in Oregon was a prime example of rental gold being used in clean ups. They messed up and showed some of the real nuggets being picked out at the beginning of the show, then switched over to using Alaskan gold for the rest of the season.

That’s not to say they are not up there mining and finding gold. Certainly they are.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the numbers are also fake. The directors make up the score and the yearly “goal” for each of the miners. They use rental gold for the “clean up” shots. The season where Todd H. was mining in Oregon was a prime example of rental gold being used in clean ups. They messed up and showed some of the real nuggets being picked out at the beginning of the show, then switched over to using Alaskan gold for the rest of the season.

That’s not to say they are not up there mining and finding gold. Certainly they are.

At age 26 How do you get a "Net Worth" of 10 Million on "rental Gold".... Really !!! > https://www.thecinemaholic.com/parker-schnabel-net-worth-2/
Net worth ,for those who don't know what it is>> https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/net-worth-calculator

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen some of these idiots on you tube. Making millions on total trash. Becoming a millionaire on rental gold is clearly within reach.

Parker is clearly a hard worker and has done well for himself. Ya think the start he was afforded had anything to do with it?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At age 26 How do you get a "Net Worth" of 10 Million on "rental Gold".... Really !!! > https://www.thecinemaholic.com/parker-schnabel-net-worth-2/
Net worth ,for those who don't know what it is>> https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/net-worth-calculator

Please stop and think for a moment. It’s a TV SHOW. The producers are not there just documenting mining projects. I never said Parker was finding less gold than the show purports. He could be finding more.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve heard that the gold featured in all the clean up shots was rented from Tony Beets.
For convenience of filming (they were probably not all filmed in real time).

I believe that to be true based on the source of the rumor.

Again, saying the show is “fake” doesn’t mean these folks are not finding lots of gold.
They HAVE to be, even if they were running seconds.

These are just my opinions and may or may not be true.

Last edited:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rental gold ????

yes likely they used gold from outside sources.

I ran a gold mine and there is no way to pay bill unless you sell gold as needed through out the season for fuel, repair parts, equipment, ect ect ect.

but The producers need a big pile of gold for the end of season show.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold rush is real in so far as they are actually open pit mining for gold. It was admitted by the cast that the producers ask them to create semi-scripted drama in the course of them filming the actual mining. For example: The producer tells Parker to drive up really fast and get out all pissed off about the plant not being up and running. (when in fact Parker knew it wasn't running in advance due to a broken belt or what not).

So yeah, they are really mining, but with scripted drama thrown in to make the show more entertaining.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rental gold ????

yes likely they used gold from outside sources.

I ran a gold mine and there is no way to pay bill unless you sell gold as needed through out the season for fuel, repair parts, equipment, ect ect ect.

but The producers need a big pile of gold for the end of season show.

Maybe “rental” isn’t the correct term.
I’m sure it wasn’t loaned out for free.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it's called talent pay. It has nothing to do with how much gold they dig. Gold rush had/has marketed paydirt. that gold and a good amount(most of it) comes from mines that are not being dug by the on screen "talent"

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
total placer production for the Yukon territory in 2017 was $94 million.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supposedly Parker mine $13 million in gold by 24. at an average of $1300 an ounce figuring for purity and flucuating spot value.

thats 10k ounces mined by 2016.

He has also been a producer of all three shows he is on.

So the formula of, mined gold + talent pay + producers returns - $ 900avg cash cost to produce an ounce of gold= Gold Rush is FAKE!!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it was all about Tony Beets bucket ladder dredges and zero drama matter of fact documentary style I could get into that.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched to see some gold but most of it is made up, I don't want to see all drama crap just them telling about the ground and gold. I guess I'm not like most people though I think that's a good thing, every show you see their getting paid very good so it wouldn't matter if they found gold or not.

Oak Island (joke island), has been pumping out the same manure for over a decade. I remember seeing them holding a railroad spike years back, and saying that it was a deck planking spike off a Spanish Galleon. But the show has been a reliable revenue producer, and the cast where paid well enough to keep playing the game. The only gold that came from that island in the last two hundred years was generated from television production.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
supposedly Parker mine $13 million in gold by 24. at an average of $1300 an ounce figuring for purity and flucuating spot value.

thats 10k ounces mined by 2016.

He has also been a producer of all three shows he is on.

So the formula of, mined gold + talent pay + producers returns - $ 900avg cash cost to produce an ounce of gold= Gold Rush is FAKE!!

While I agree that the show is 90% fake, just for the record Parker is currently 26 yrs old. He was born in 94. He was 22 in 2016.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions