STOPPING BY TO SAY HIGH TO SOME OLD FRIENDS

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone while I still have that chance. I see the regulars are still around in Clay, Goodguy, Reed, Kevin, Russ, Terry... Shocked to see the the old GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT thread is still active. Sure missed getting out and kicking the dirt up but those days are gone I believe. I was in the hospital with a back injury and found out I have a series heart issue. After a number of test and failed procedures my next surgery to correct my heart is to enter my groan in an artery into the heart to map the heart in a 6 hour surgery with the hope to correcting the upper and lower heart chamber to get them in sync. I have one of the best heart surgeon in the USA right here in Tucson Banner Hospital and he is very confident that this procedure will get the heart rhythm back in sync. Its a really bad time to be in the hospital but I have no choice. Keith....

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/436571-gold-rush-begins-tonight.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to hear from you, I hope the surgery is easy and gets you back in shape to get back out there!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to hear from you Keith! Hang in there buddy. I've ridden that particular bull before - 12-stents now after Three "Cardiac Events." I'm saying a few prayers for you, and I know you'll be fine! Sending Big Golden Vibes Your Way!:occasion14:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Good luck Keith , I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for a complete & total recovery ! Thanks for letting us know how your doing ! Send us a PM if there's anything we can do to help you out!:icon_thumleft:

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Good to see your name again AzViper! I wandered back a little while ago & was wondering about you. Had a friend who had what sounds like the same procedure & he said it was straightforward & relatively simple. And in his case, very successful! Praying for you!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that you will emerge from this stronger then ever!!!
You sir, I have followed from day one. Icon, teacher...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I know youll probly NOT travel out my way BUT I'll keep a few cold one's in the fridge just in-case you do come by this way! God's speed in your healthy recovery !

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a fast recovery. I have been missing your posts and hope to hear more from you when you are on the mend.
Alex

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn Keith..been missing your posts for too long. Even though
the news isn't stellar, it's good to know you're still in the fight.

It's great that you have faith in the surgeon..makes a huge
difference. Just be sure when they "enter your groin", they
don't miss.. warning1.gif

God Speed...you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, we have dinner waiting for you up here in Congress, Az. We should all plan a get together down here somewhere before we're all washed up on shore some day, and by all, I do mean all of us who are here down south in Arizona and the general area or willing to travel some. Get well soon old friend :)

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the faith man! I don't know you but attitude is the key! Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Keith,

I just found this thread, hope all is going well.
We are here for you my friend, so keep fighting and never give up.

It may seem bad now but keep a positive attitude and you will be back to chasing gold and building equipment in no time. :icon_thumleft:
Will keep you in my prayers.

GG~

Last edited:

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
AzViper, wishing you a speedy and positive recovery. A big thank you for always sharing your knowledge and inventions!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the nice comments. It's now been 16 days that the Dr's repaired my heart and all is well. With each passing day I appear to be getting better. Still winded and I believe my lungs just need to be conditioned as I spent way to much time being inactive due to being afraid to be active and risking having a stroke. I was in AFIB 100 percent of the time where the upper chamber of the heart was not in rhythm with the lower chamber. This placing me at risk of developing a blood clot in the heart. I have been reluctant to go get the Covid vaccine but after speaking with my primary Dr. and Cadio Dr. they both advise me to follow through with the vaccine.

I hope that each and everyone of you take the time to enjoy life and all the great benefits we all have. Covid sure has change our lives and each day brings a new chapter in our lives. Your friend, Keith

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's good to hear all the procedure is working out well. Yes the lungs need conditioning once again and might take time as well.
One of my permissions needs to have another procedure done, going up through the groin to get the left and right sync'd up it seems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread